4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 18, 2015 7:05 PM by A.T. Romano

joining/merging clips

Avo Level 1

Hello,

How do I join/merge 2 different video clips that are on the same video track? I am trying to apply light and color correction to 2 clips that are connected with a transition. When I select both clips at the same time, PE will not open the effect (e.g. color, light) and will give me a message "Multiple clips selected, please select only one clip."

I can right click and group the 2 clips together but still cannot access any of the adjustments. Is there a way to merge/join multiple video clips on the same track so that adjustments can be made? thank you, Avo

• 1. Re: joining/merging clips
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Avo

What version of Premiere Elements and on what computer operating system is it running?

If the program will not let you adjust more than one clip at a time and you want the same effect for multiple clips, then please consider...

Apply the effect to the first clip. Then right click the clip, select Copy. The select (all at the same time) the rest of the clips that you want to have the same effect.

Right click anywhere in the selection, and selection Paste Effects and Adjustments.

Premiere Elements 11, 12, and 13 would be expected to use the names above for the commands. Earlier versions may use slightly different names for them.

Please let us know if that works for you.

Miscellaneous

1. I imagine you could export the clips to a file and then import the file back into the project for edits of the video instead of the individual components that went into the video export.

2. To select clips all at the same time

a. Hold down the Shift key and click on the file that you want selected

b. If applicable, Edit Menu/Select All

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: joining/merging clips
            Avo Level 1

Hello ATR,

Thank you for the response and advice. I am using PE 12 on OS 10.9.5. I followed your instruction and it works like a charm. Thank you again for the prompt response and support. Avo

• 3. Re: joining/merging clips
              Avo Level 1

Hello ATR,

Thank you for the advice. It works like a charm! Michael

On Wed, Feb 18, 2015 at 4:32 PM, A.T. Romano <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

• 4. Re: joining/merging clips
                A.T. Romano Level 7

Michael

Great news. Thanks for letting us know the outcome. Great job.

Please let us know if you have further questions or need clarification on your workflows.

Best wishes.

ATR

Add On...I am strictly an Elements Windows user so I am glad that my Windows Shift translated in Mac OK.