4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 21, 2015 8:42 PM by IsakTen

Digital signature not visible

Finn1234

For 4 months the visible signature worked perfect.

But today when I make a visible signature it is not visible.

It seems to be kind of periodic:

I tried one PDF document, and the visible signature was not visible

Then I tried with another document, and the first time the signature was visible.

When I tried more times on the original second document, the signature was every time invisible.

I use Windows 7, 32 bit, and Adobe Acrobat XI 11.0.10.

Regards Finn

• 1. Re: Digital signature not visible
          IsakTen Level 4

What kind of signatures do you use: e-signatures (images/stamps) or digital signatures backed by a certificate? What do you mean that a signature is invisible? If it is invisible, how do you know it is there? When you sign and the signature is "visible", does it stay visible when close and reopen PDF, or does it become invisible when you do that?

If it is a digital signature, then you can see it in the Signature Panel. When you sign with a digital signature the "Sign" dialog shows you the signature appearance preview. Are you saying that the preview is there but when the signature is created it is not visible? Are you sure you're looking at the right page where the signature is placed? For a digital signature you can click in the Signature Panel on "Field: ..." and it will take you to the place in the document where the signature is located. If you're using e-signatures, then I do not know what to tell you, I am not an expert on e-signatures.

• 2. Re: Digital signature not visible
            Finn1234 Level 1

I use digital signature with certificate.

I don't know why I got the idea that the signature was there, but invisible.

I can now see that I still have the possibility to sign the document where the signature is "invisible", this indicates of course that there is no signature.

And there is no signatures in the Signature panel.

However, this is what I see:

I press the icon "Digitally sign document"

I drag with the mouse to select the area for the signature

In the dialog box "Sign document" I choose reason, and click "Sign"

I choose a name for the signed document

I give the code for the certificate(at this time the signature is visible on the document)

After this there is no signature but the ducument was saved with the new file name

I don't get any error mesages during this

But in the dialog box "Sign document" I now tried to press the "Review" button

and I get the message:

Report code          Description

2007                    Page content may silently change

1001                    Comment or form field may silently change

1002                    Comment or form field may silently change

Does this information help?

• 3. Re: Digital signature not visible
              Finn1234 Level 1

By the way:

Any of the documents that cause the problems in Acrobat can be signed with certificate in Nitro Pro 9 every time!

• 4. Re: Digital signature not visible
                IsakTen Level 4

Don't kid me. Acrobat XI is so much superior.