3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 23, 2007 8:50 PM by Newsgroup_User

Custom Color Not Working

nc2dc
      I am able to create the custom color, but when I apply it to an item in Fireworks, it sort of chooses a color close to the custom color, but it's not the color I wanted. I have also tried entering the HEX value that I retrieved via an RGB to HEX converter, but it does not take. It just reverts to the color that is close to the color I want. I mean, I can clearly see the difference in the custom colors panel, but when I apply it, I get the wrong color. Any idea why this is happening?

thanks
      -nc2dc
        • 1. Re: Custom Color Not Working
          Level 7
          make sure you don't have "Snap to Web Safe" selected in your color
          picker slide out menu (top right black arrow).

alex

nc2dc wrote:
          > I am able to create the custom color, but when I apply it to an item in
          > Fireworks, it sort of chooses a color close to the custom color, but it's not
          > the color I wanted. I have also tried entering the HEX value that I retrieved
          > via an RGB to HEX converter, but it does not take. It just reverts to the
          > color that is close to the color I want. I mean, I can clearly see the
          > difference in the custom colors panel, but when I apply it, I get the wrong
          > color. Any idea why this is happening?
          >
          > thanks
          > -nc2dc
          >
          • 2. Re: Custom Color Not Working
            nc2dc Level 1
            Hey, thanks for the quick response. That was it. Thanks for the tip.
            • 3. Re: Custom Color Not Working
              Level 7
              your welcome :)

nc2dc wrote:
              > Hey, thanks for the quick response. That was it. Thanks for the tip.