4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 25, 2015 11:37 AM by A.T. Romano

how do I make a solid black transition

Atlcenter

I would like to put a black blank period between clips; not a transition like dissolve but a period of just black for say 1 second. I didn't see any transition that was like this in the pallet.

Any help appreciated if you know how to do this.

Thanks,

• 1. Re: how do I make a solid black transition
          whsprague Level 4

They hid it!

Black Video.jpg

• 2. Re: how do I make a solid black transition
            A.T. Romano Level 7

Atlcenter

Please remind me what version of Premiere Elements and on what computer operating system it is running.

So generalizing for now

1. Go to New Item/Black Video and create a Black Video clip. It will have the duration = Still Image Default Duration in preferences.

NTSC 5 seconds. Right click the black video clip on the Timeline, select Time Stretch, and, in the Time Stretch dialog, set the duration to 1 sec

00;00;01;00.

2. With the two clips on Video 1, place the 1 second black video clip on Video Track 2 directly above the point of junction of the Video 1 two clips. Position the black video clip on Video Track 2 so that 1/2 second is over the last 1/2 seconds of the first clip and the other 1/2 second is over the first 1/2 second of the second clip on Video Track 1.

Please let us know if that works for you.

Thank you.

ATR

• 3. Re: how do I make a solid black transition
              Atlcenter Level 1

Thanks AT.

While I am conversing with you let me ask another question.

When I go to titles and text in the general section I have a default title page. called default title. It used to have the words "add text". Now it is a row of boxes. When I use it I have to apply a style to it before I can see any recognizable text. All of the other selections are ok.

I tried to use the installation disk to "repair" it but the only thing it wants to do is to uninstall it.

Do you have any idea how I can manually fix this?

I use a dell laptop with win 7

Thanks,

• 4. Re: how do I make a solid black transition
                A.T. Romano Level 7

Atlcenter

If you open the Titler using Text Menu/New Text/Default Text instead of Titles & Text Tab/General/Default Text, do you still get a row of boxes instead of Add Text?

First, what is listed for Font in the Text section of the Titler when you are seeing this row of boxes?  If Font is set to something like Arial, do you still get those boxes instead of text letters no matter how you access the Titler?

Depending on your answer, left us delete the Premiere Elements settings file. Last I recall, I think you were using Premiere Elements 11 probably on Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 bit. So, for now I will you directions specially for that

Local Disk C

Users

Owner

AppData

Roaming

Adobe

Premiere Elements

and, in the 11.0 Folder, is the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file that you delete. If that does not work, then you delete the whole 11.0 Folder in which the

Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file exists. Be sure to be working with Folder Option Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives enabled so that you can see

the complete path cited.

Are you having any other problems with the Titler, like disappearing Fonts?

If my recollection of your version and computer operating system is not correct, please supply the correct information, and I will adjust the information accordingly.

Please let me know how the above turns out and, if necessary, we will then plan what next.

Thanks.

ATR