2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 19, 2015 10:26 AM by yevgent86353155

How to rotate images without losing resolution?

yevgent86353155

I cannot find the answer for this :

In what condition ( if any ) I may loose image resolution if the  image has been rotated ?( I have only RAW images.)

Example: Does that make any difference if I rotate image before editing , or after ? ( or before and after )

Does that make any difference if I send image for printing ( to online lab ) after the image has been rotated ?

What exactly DOES make a difference when it comes to changing image orientation , if I shoot RAW.

Please help poor me)

• 1. Re: How to rotate images without losing resolution?
          dj_paige Level 9

In what condition ( if any ) I may loose image resolution if the  image has been rotated ?( I have only RAW images.)

This will not happen in Lightroom. (I think you might mean quality, not resolution, which is not affected either)

Example: Does that make any difference if I rotate image before editing , or after ? ( or before and after )

Does that make any difference if I send image for printing ( to online lab ) after the image has been rotated ?

No difference at all. Lightroom is completely non-destructive editing, rotation will not affect resolution (I think you might mean quality, which is not affected either) and the order that you do things makes no difference in the final result.

• 2. Re: How to rotate images without losing resolution?
            yevgent86353155 Level 1

Thank you very much for the reply.

Looks like I'm free to rotate my images without loosing quality for as much as I need.

I thought this  should be the  the right answer with software like Lightroom , but I could not find any proof of that until now.

Thank you again for fast answer.

Yevgen.