3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 20, 2015 8:31 AM by A.T. Romano

generic error message

calvarymedia

I am getting a generic error message when I try and add a mov. file. what can I do to fix it?

• 1. Re: generic error message
          A.T. Romano Level 7

calvarymedia

What version of Premiere Elements and on what computer operating system is it running?

1. Make sure that you have the latest version of QuickTime installed on the computer with your Premiere Elements version.

2, If QuickTime install is not the answer, then please give the full properties of the .mov file...knowing the brand/model/settings

for the camera that recorded the video would be important to get a quick idea of the source involved.

3. Lots more questions and answers, but let us start here and then we can decide what next.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: generic error message
            calvarymedia Level 1

Thank you so much. I downloaded the latest version of QuickTime and it worked. I am no longer getting the error message.

• 3. Re: generic error message
              A.T. Romano Level 7

calvarymedia

Thanks for the follow up with the great news that the QuickTime install resolved your Premiere Elements issue.

Great job in follow through.

Your follow up is appreciated.

Please do not hesitate to ask questions and ask for clarification.

Best wishes

ATR