• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Quiz in Preview vs Publish in Captivate 8

New Here ,
Feb 20, 2015 Feb 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I preview a projected in Captivate 8, the quiz portion works as it should: I can answer the questions and they are calculated normally.

When I publish, however, the project does not allow me to answer any of the questions--it moves through them, and even if i do manage to answer a question and hit submit, it doesn't record it. It looks like the slides have a default 3-second duration, and when published the slide moves on automatically instead of allowing me to read the question, answer it, and click submit.

In between preview and publishing I am not making any changes to the setting. I get the same result viewing it uploaded to SharePoint (so others scan view and provide feedback on the project prior to uploading it to the LMS) and when I open it locally from my computer.

I've tried looking through the forums here to find anything that's similar, but came up short. Any help or direction would be appreciated!

TOPICS
Quizzing and LMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 20, 2015 Feb 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you perhaps mess up the Question master slides by deleting embedded objects? Objects that you cannot uncheck somewhere in a panel have to remain on the slides. You can uncheck Back, Next and Clear. Submit has to remain on the slide. There is normally a pausing point at 1.5secs by default that is respected during the two-steps Submit process. You can see it only on the Timeline of the slide, and moving is only possible by dragging:

Question Question Slides in Captivate - Captivate blog

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2015 Feb 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll take a look for the pausing point.

I unchecked Back and Clear, and the only thing I deleted was the name of the slide (multiple choice, etc). I left everything else as is. It works perfectly fine in Preview, which is what's got me confused.

I have another module I created simultaneously, with a quiz as well, and that one also works totally fine when published and uploaded to SharePoint.

Yesterday, I tried deleting all the quiz components and redoing it from scratch, and this time I didn't modify anything save for the font and unchecking the boxes I didn't need, and ended up with the same result. So I'm very confused as to how one module works fine and the other one does not.

I did notice on upload this time that one of the program files didn't upload properly (project.json). The second module doesn't even HAVE that file type. Both were developed at the same time, with extremely similar components. The only differences are the audio and pictures.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 27, 2015 Feb 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Do not delete any embedded object. You can change text, or change its

colour, leave it on slide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources