5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 12, 2015 9:59 PM by Frank Stokes-Guinan
      • 1. Re: Transparency Lock? Is that possible?
        Frank Stokes-Guinan Adobe Employee

There currently is no way to lock a layer in Adobe Draw. However, since there is no selection of objects in Draw, it's also not entirely clear what expectations one might have for a locked layer. Could you describe your desired workflow with a specific example?

Thanks,

Frank

Draw Engineering

• 2. Re: Transparency Lock? Is that possible?
          Motoed-Hidden Level 1

Thanks for the reply... What I was looking at doing was Illustrating a basic shape... like perhaps the shape of a person... and then be able to lock that layer so you could more easily outline... or inline that color block. 

Essentially, I'm looking to do what you could do with a shape... where you could outline and then fill or fill and then work inside that color block.... But not just a shape but with what you've already created. I can't recall now but I thought you could do that in ideas.  I know I've used it in other apps like ProCreate and love that function where you can do that.

• 3. Re: Transparency Lock? Is that possible?

In Draw, you have the ability to create multiple layers. If you have illustrated a shape, you can create a new layer and move it either just above or just below the one that contains your shape. Make sure your new layer is the active layer, then start drawing. Your new marks will be on the new layer, and your original layer (the one with the shape) remains untouched.

The Layer panel can be accessed via the toolbar. Tap the Layer icon in the bottom of the toolbar to access it. Long-press on a layer to move it up or down. Move the slider to change its opacity. Tap the More button (represented by three dots) to access other functionality for that layer.

Hope that helps,

Frank

Draw Engineering

• 4. Re: Transparency Lock? Is that possible?
              Motoed-Hidden Level 1

I get that.. I love layers... what I was hoping for was the ability to draw on a layer and have my new strokes contained within the shape I'd just perfected.  (as in if I worked hard on the shape of a face as a color and then be able to constrain my new strokes to the edges of that shape.

Maybe my problem is that I need to work on outlining first and then color in.

• 5. Re: Transparency Lock? Is that possible?

I see what you mean. Unfortunately, there is no feature currently in Draw that will allow you to constrain your drawing strokes inside another shape. Everything is more freeform.

Hope that helps,

Frank

Draw Engineering