• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Disable line correcting

Explorer ,
Feb 20, 2015 Feb 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm new to Flash. Currently, I'm just playing around with the software and viewing the manual as I go. Recently, I ran into a problem that I can't seem to figure out. When I use the pencil tool or the eraser tool, the software will correct the lines. For the pencil tool the smoothing option is disabled, and I cannot find the properties for the eraser tool.

It's an annoyance and I would love to disable these features...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 20, 2015 Feb 20, 2015

for the pencil tool you should select 'ink', not 'smooth' and not 'straighten'.  and for the eraser tool select erase normal/faucet disabled.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

for the pencil tool you should select 'ink', not 'smooth' and not 'straighten'.  and for the eraser tool select erase normal/faucet disabled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, thanks for the reply. I am using Flash CC 2014 and I cannot find smooth mode. For the eraser, I don't know how to change any of the properties.

Where can I find this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nevermind, I found it after I expanded my tool menu. I have my font resolution set high and it's screwing with a few things.

~Thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this the same issue you're having trouble with?

BUG: Flash straightens curves when drawing quickly

kglad, that's how it should work but in the current version of Flash CC 2014, Ink mode corrects the line much more severely. It's like Adobe forgot what that mode was intended for and made it do something else.

The eraser has a couple ways of being used. If you are using the eraser end of a Wacom stylus, it will use the Brush tool settings. (So you can enable size, pressure sensitivy, etc. there.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i don't see that problem, but i don't use a drawing tablet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Set the pencil to Smooth mode (not Ink). Then smoothing will become an option again in the properties panel.

The eraser options appear at the bottom of the Tools panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines