2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 16, 2016 2:54 PM by ProDesignTools

Buying CS6 - Advice needed!

jeff_jolly

Hello,

I'm thinking of buying Adobe CS6 from a company who have download versions for a reasonable price.

I have just left my job and have been using a range of Adobe products both in work and at college/university for about 18 years.

I am thinking of getting into freelance Web Design / Graphic Design / Photography so I was thinking of buying the best software I can currently afford.

I want a one off payment product as I may not be able to continue to pay a subscription if things don't work out!

QUESTION:

Is there any way of telling whether the company I was going to buy a download version of CS6 is selling a "REAL" version to me?

The last thing I need is to pay a chunk of money out only to find out later that it isn't valid!

The company is called buytechsolutions.

Any advice about this would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jeff

• 1. Re: Buying CS6 - Advice needed!
          Ned Murphy Adobe Community Professional & MVP

No one here is likely to offer advice for purchasing from third party vendors other than indicate you take chances when you go for the cheap alternatives.  Probably the only way to tell is to dive in and take your chances.  I recommend against anything that looks like a bargain when it comes to purchasing Adobe software.  Adobe still sells CS6 software, so your safest bet is to get it from the source.

• 2. Re: Buying CS6 - Advice needed!
            ProDesignTools MVP & Adobe Community Professional

jeff_jolly wrote:

QUESTION:

Is there any way of telling whether the company I was going to buy a download version of CS6 is selling a "REAL" version to me?

The last thing I need is to pay a chunk of money out only to find out later that it isn't valid!

Any advice about this would be appreciated.

Adobe clearly states:

"Pirates offer illegal software for download over the Internet in a number of ways. The only safe way to purchase Adobe® Genuine Software for download, however, is through the Adobe Store.

Different ruses used by pirate websites include:

• A website offering free downloads in exchange for uploading another program (taking advantage of an offer like this makes you a software pirate yourself)
            • Online distributors offering special deals supposedly on behalf of the software publisher, such as inventory liquidation or bankruptcy sales
            • Internet auction sites that offer counterfeit, out-of-channel, or otherwise pirated software
            • Peer-to-peer networks that enable unauthorized transfer of copyrighted programs

Don't take any of these risks. Software obtained through these channels has a good chance of being faulty, impossible to register (which could make it unusable), and infected with spyware or viruses. A low price that is too good to be true is a sure sign that it is not Adobe Genuine Software."

History is littered with the sad stories of unfortunate folks who have tried to buy Adobe software from vendors you've never heard of.