3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 19, 2007 7:47 AM by kglad

scrolling problems

rohai
      Hi,

I have a strange problem with a scrollbar. It's a custom made scrollbar. I'm using a dynamic contet (asp, xml), which is loaded as a menu and as a content. When U click on a menu item, the content in the main textfield changes. The problem is that is if you scroll and then load the new content, the scroll doesn't go to 0 and in some cases it doesn't scroll the entire content and ih some cases ti just scrolls and scrolls.

There's a lot of code and I have no options to upload the files to a server, I can send you it via email. THX for any help
        • 1. Re: scrolling problems
          kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP
          after scrolling a textfield (and changing its scroll property) and then loading new content into the textfield, the textfields scroll property remains changed. to remedy, reset the textfield's scroll property to 1 (not zero).

and if you have problems with incorrect scrolling, then you have a logic or coding error.
          • 2. Re: scrolling problems
            rohai Level 1
            THX kglad for your reply. It didn't work. I'm basicly scrolling a MC, into which is a textfield located. Does this change anything?
            • 3. Re: scrolling problems
              kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP
              if you're scrolling a movieclip then you're not scrolling a textfield and you're not interested in the scroll property of any textfield but rather the _y property of your movieclip. true?