1 2 Previous Next 77 Replies Latest reply on Mar 21, 2015 4:00 PM by miker12942700

Rendering and video screen above timeline?

miker12942700 Level 1

Is rendering done in the timeline and if so should I render before editing or after editing?  Second question, the video screen above the timeline is always slightly blurry.  Is there a way to get rid of the blurriness and make it clear?

• 1. Re: Rendering and video screen above timeline?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

miker

What version of Premiere Elements and on what computer version?

The major purpose of the render is to give you the best possible preview of your Edit area monitor playback.

No color line or green line over content indicates that you are seeing the best possible preview; consequently the program

will not let you render to get the best possible preview since it feels that you have that already. Orange line over the content

is the indicator that you are not seeing the best possible preview. Then the program allows you to render if you want to. You

do not have to render the Timeline content, but is your opportunity to catch a problem sooner than later. It is particularly indicated

for titles, effects, transitions, and non native formats. Remember, every time you edit a rendered file, it will need Timeline rendering

again if you seek the best possible preview after the edit.

If you have a HD project, check out the preferences Edit Menu/Preferences/General and the one for

Timeline render quality (valid for HD Projects)

High quality, Slow speed

vs

Draft quality, High speed

Also, right click the Edit area monitor, select Playback Quality, and compare the choices of Automatic and Highest.

Please review and consider, and then let us know if the above targets the information that you seek.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Rendering and video screen above timeline?
            miker12942700 Level 1

So in other words,

I should put video clips in timeline.

Render them before editing.

Start and complete my editing.

Then upload.

If I should need to edit them again I should render them before uploading.

Thanks for the tip of right clicking on the editing monitor and selecting

playback quality for my choice of either automatic or highest.  Highest

setting seems to be working fine.

Thank you

Thank you,

Michael Rogozinski

(Shop office)     215-288-4000

(Mobile phone)  215-431-9289

e-mail rogo321@gmail.com

www.absolutehomeremodeling.com

<http://www.cabinetmakerscustombuilt-inbookcases.com>

www.cabinetmakerscustombuilt-inbookcases.com

http://picasaweb.google.com/rogo321

www.absolutehomeremodeling.blogspot.com

This transmission may contain information that is privileged, confidential,

legally privileged, and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If

you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any

disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the information contained

herein (including any reliance thereon) is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. Although

this transmission and any attachments are believed to be free of any virus

or other defect that might affect any computer system into which it is

received and opened, it is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure

that it is virus free and no responsibility is accepted by Michael

Rogozinski managing member of Rog Millwork,LLC., its subsidiaries and

affiliates, as applicable, for any loss or damage arising in any way from

its use. If you received this transmission in error, please immediately

contact the sender and destroy the material in its entirety, whether in

electronic or hard copy format. Thank you.

On Sat, Feb 21, 2015 at 1:30 PM, A.T. Romano <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

• 3. Re: Rendering and video screen above timeline?
              miker12942700 Level 1

I should put video clips in timeline.

Render them before editing.

Start and complete my editing.

Then upload.

If I should need to edit them again I should render them before uploading.

Thanks for the tip of right clicking on the editing monitor and selecting

playback quality for my choice of either automatic or highest.  Highest

setting seems to be working fine.

I'm using Adobe premier elements 13 with Windows 7

Thank you

>

On Sat, Feb 21, 2015 at 1:30 PM, A.T. Romano <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

• 4. Re: Rendering and video screen above timeline?
                A.T. Romano Level 7

miker

Thanks for the reply.

Glad that Playback Quality Highest worked for you. Did you get any improvement at all by selecting the preference regarding

Timeline Render Quality?

There are two types of rendering in Premiere Elements - one is Timeline rendering and the other often called exporting is also referred

to by some as rendering to refer to the export/encoding process. The Timeline rendering is just for previewing. It does not fix anything.

Every time you edit a Timeline file, you will get the indicator to Timeline render that edited content to get the best possible preview. As I

said, you do to have to, but that is your chance to catch a problem sooner than later.

I would suggest that any time you have an concern about edited Timeline component(s), you should consider the Timeline rendering

for the edited file(s). This is especially true for titles, effects, transitions, and non native formats.

Please let me know if you are OK with the above.

Best wishes

ATR

• 5. Re: Rendering and video screen above timeline?
                  miker12942700 Level 1

Sorry I couldn't get back to you sooner.

At this point I need to work with rendering before I feel comfortable

enough to let you know that I'm confident with your instructions.

It's good to know that you're there in case I have questions.

Can I just use your e-mail address if I have additional questions?

Thank you for being there!!!

Thank you,

Michael Rogozinski

(Shop office)     215-288-4000

(Mobile phone)  215-431-9289

e-mail rogo321@gmail.com

www.absolutehomeremodeling.com

<http://www.cabinetmakerscustombuilt-inbookcases.com>

www.cabinetmakerscustombuilt-inbookcases.com

http://picasaweb.google.com/rogo321

www.absolutehomeremodeling.blogspot.com

This transmission may contain information that is privileged, confidential,

legally privileged, and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If

you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any

disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the information contained

herein (including any reliance thereon) is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. Although

this transmission and any attachments are believed to be free of any virus

or other defect that might affect any computer system into which it is

received and opened, it is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure

that it is virus free and no responsibility is accepted by Michael

Rogozinski managing member of Rog Millwork,LLC., its subsidiaries and

affiliates, as applicable, for any loss or damage arising in any way from

its use. If you received this transmission in error, please immediately

contact the sender and destroy the material in its entirety, whether in

electronic or hard copy format. Thank you.

On Sat, Feb 21, 2015 at 2:57 PM, A.T. Romano <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

• 6. Re: Rendering and video screen above timeline?
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

mikerl

Thanks for the reply.

Please ask questions and ask for clarification anytime in this thread or a new one.

But, please do not put contact information in your questions or replies - this is suggested to

avoid nuisances to your contact locations since this is a public forum.

If you have problems posting your questions in the forum itself, you can let me know by Adobe

Private message system and then we can follow up in thread after we worked out any problems.

Best Wishes

ATR

• 7. Re: Rendering and video screen above timeline?
                      miker12942700 Level 1

ATR, As I mentioned to you before I am using Adobe premier elements 13.  I

found a tutorial video online called "Lynda up and running with premiere

elements 12."  I realized the video is in the number 12 version but my

question is,

can I use this video as a reliable teaching tutorial for my advancement in

Adobe's premiere elements 13?

Thank you!

On Sun, Feb 22, 2015 at 9:13 AM, A.T. Romano <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

• 8. Re: Rendering and video screen above timeline?
                        A.T. Romano Level 7

miker

This is essentially a possible principles versus feature matter...

Premiere Elements 11, 12, and 13 are very similar. So, you should not get into too much trouble viewing the "principles" in a video tutorial which uses

11, 12, or 13 to demonstrate the lesson. However, there are differences in features from version to version. And, those differences can be confusing when

you are trying to follow a lesson and you cannot find the feature pointed to in the video tutorial because you are using a different version than the video lesson.

In 13, there have been feature removals, differences in the burn to section, new features to name a few.

Even Adobe TV video tutorials start off with one on getting started in 13. But the next tutorial that you pick from the list is likely to be from 12 -

look at the header in the workspace to tell the difference

11:Quick Expert

12 Quick Guided Expert

13 eLive, Quick, Guided, Expert

.Again, a principles versus features matter in some cases.

It might be to your advantage to work through 13's lessons in the Expert Guided and Quick Guided workspaces of Premiere Elements 13/13.1, and then go

view the tutorials that you have been watching.

Best wishes

ATR

• 9. Re: Rendering and video screen above timeline?
                          miker12942700 Level 1

I'm glad to know that I can use Lynda up and running for a partial learning

tool.  I will keep in mind concerning differences between 11, 12 and 13.

I will take your device working with Premier Elements 13 in expert

version.

Right now I have a question concerning quick version.  I'm not sure if this

question also relates to expert but I just want to talk about the quick

version right now.  When I edit with the scissors the CTI will remain in

position and the video will slide past it a little bit.  I would think that

when trimming with the scissors the CTI would move to the beginning of my

new segment.  Is there a way to make the CTI move to the beginning of the

newly trimmed video segment?

Thank you,

On Mon, Feb 23, 2015 at 9:52 AM, A.T. Romano <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

• 10. Re: Rendering and video screen above timeline?
                            whsprague Level 4

miker12942700 wrote:

I found a tutorial video online called "Lynda up and running with premiere

elements 12."  I realized the video is in the number 12 version but my

question is, can I use this video as a reliable teaching tutorial for my advancement in

Adobe's premiere elements 13?

There is an updated version of the Lynda.com course for version 13.  It is very good.  The instructor is the same Steve Grisitti that frequently posts here and is listed as a "MVP++++++" on the opening page.

Click this link:  Watch the Online Video Course Up and Running with Premiere Elements 13

If you only want to watch one course, sign up and pay the $25 monthly subscription fee.  Then cancel your subscription the following day and your access will run for 30 days and stop.  That should be enough for the course and you won't be continuously billed.

Bill

• 11. Re: Rendering and video screen above timeline?
                              A.T. Romano Level 7

miker

With regard to

I just want to talk about the quick

version right now.  When I edit with the scissors the CTI will remain in

position and the video will slide past it a little bit.  I would think that

when trimming with the scissors the CTI would move to the beginning of my

new segment.  Is there a way to make the CTI move to the beginning of the

newly trimmed video segment?

Premiere Elements 13/13.1 Quick workspace

I have a video clip in the first scene space of the Filmstrip

Quick1.JPG

I move the Timeline Indicator to the place where I want the first cut, and I click on the scissors tag on the stem of the Timeline Indicator

or hit the shortcut Ctrl+K. It looks like

Quick2.JPG

I move the Timeline Indicator to where I want the second cut and make the cut as before. It looks like

Quick3.JPG

If you want the Timeline Indicator to move to the beginning of the cut out that you just made, then consider hitting

the  PageUp key on computer keyboard and clicking on the segment to select it (if you want). It looks like

Quick4.JPG

Please let me know if that is what you were seeking in the Quick workspace. If not, please give more details.

PageUp will take you back to the beginning of the previous clip. PageDown will advance you to the beginning of the next clip.

ATR

• 12. Re: Rendering and video screen above timeline?
                                miker12942700 Level 1

I have to settle with that.

Next question. When I start Premiere Elements in the edit mode I get an

error. The error "There Is No Disk In Drive. Please Insert A Disk in Drive

\Device\Harddisk\DR". I am running on Windows 7 X 64. . Any ideas as what

is happening. I have tried reinstalling the program but the error persists.

Thanks for any help.

Thank you,

On Mon, Feb 23, 2015 at 11:08 AM, A.T. Romano <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

• 13. Re: Rendering and video screen above timeline?
                                  A.T. Romano Level 7

miker

Glad you asked. That is a fixable one. Adobe gave us the answer a while back in one of the threads here.

Delete or disable the OldFilm.AEX file. In Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit, it is found in the path

Local Disk C

Program Files

Adobe

Adobe Premiere Elements 13

Plug-ins

Common

NewBlue

and in the NewBlue Folder is the OldFilm.AEX file that you delete or disable by renaming it from OldFilm.AEX to OldFilm.AEXOLD.

Please let us know if that worked for you.

ATR

• 14. Re: Rendering and video screen above timeline?
                                    miker12942700 Level 1

Is there more detailed instructions how I go about the following your

instructions?  Not sure how to get into C Dr.

Thank you,

On Mon, Feb 23, 2015 at 2:34 PM, A.T. Romano <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

• 15. Re: Rendering and video screen above timeline?
                                      A.T. Romano Level 7

miker

Please see if you have the following on your computer

1. Click on Start Button

2. In the right side of the panel that appears should be a list which includes Computer.

3. Click on Computer.

4. In what appears next, look for Local Disk C, and double click it.

5. Look for Users Folder in the list of folders that now appears, and you are on your way to following the path cited, double clicking your way through

the folders cited to get to the OldFilm.AEX file.

If you run into any problems along the way, let us know, and we will go over the path.

Thank you.

ATR

• 16. Re: Rendering and video screen above timeline?
                                        miker12942700 Level 1

I found my way to the NewBlue folder but I can't find anything that says

OldFilm.file.  Could you please be more specific in what direction I go in

the NewBlue folder?

Thank you,

On Mon, Feb 23, 2015 at 6:51 PM, A.T. Romano <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

• 17. Re: Rendering and video screen above timeline?
                                          A.T. Romano Level 7

miker

Here is a screenshot of what you should be seeing when you open the NewBlue Folder in the path given.

Please compare the path at the top of the screenshot with what you see when you get to the NewBlue Folder that you found

and opened.

NewBlue.JPG

Thanks.

ATR

Add On...if you do not see the AEX after OldFilm, that probably means that you have Folder Options set to hide file extensions.

• 18. Re: Rendering and video screen above timeline?
                                            miker12942700 Level 1

Please don't give up on me but I just can't find the OldFilm.file.  I can

only get to NewBlueFX.  I looked all over the place and cannot find

anything that resembles OldFilm.file.  I am running Adobe Premiere elements

13 in Windows 7.

There must be another way that I can find.  Could you please tell me how?

Thank you,

On Tue, Feb 24, 2015 at 10:58 AM, A.T. Romano <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

• 19. Re: Rendering and video screen above timeline?
                                              whsprague Level 4

For reasons unknown, Microsoft makes some folders have "hidden" files.  To view them you should be able to right click on a folder and select properties.  There will be some check boxes to change.  Changing them should bring files into view.

Capture.JPG

• 20. Re: Rendering and video screen above timeline?
                                                whsprague Level 4

Another way to do it is to use the Windows Explorer Search function.  Select C:, type in Oldfilm in the search box in the upper right corner.   If the file is not marked has hidden, it should show up.  

Capture.JPG

• 21. Re: Rendering and video screen above timeline?
                                                  A.T. Romano Level 7

miker

Bottom line: I have gone through the possibilities for "Hidden Folders", and OldFilm.AEX is not hidden in the path that I have cited. Details below.

But, I think that you gave us the core information when you wrote that you could not find OldFilm.AEX in the NewBlueFX. There is a NewBlueFX Folder

in My Documents. My Documents is not in the path that I gave you to the OldFilm.AEX file. You appear to have detoured off the path.

Please look at my screenshot in post 17 and the header that shows the path...please be on that path, and then let us know the outcome.

Details for why Hiding Files and Folder is not proving to be the answer to your question.....

I have no evidence that OldFilm.AEX in the path that I have cited is a hidden folder.

With and without "Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives" disabled in Folder Options, I still see the OldFilm.AEX file in the

location given. The following is the path that I used for disabling and enabling the "Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives" option.

Click on the Start Button of Windows 7 64 bit.

In the Search field that appears, type in Folder Options.

You should then see Folder Options link at the top of the left column.

Click on the Folder Options link to open the Folder Options dialog.

In the Folder Options dialog, click on the View Tab.

In the View Tab, scroll down to the Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives option and make sure you enable it by placing a dot next to it.

Screenshot shows it enabled.

FolderOptions.JPG

Further if I use alternative routes, the OldFilm.AEX is still visible in the location cited. And the OldFilm.AEX file

is not in the My Documents Folder. There is a NewBlue FX Folder there, but it is not applicable here.

Please take another look. I will stay with you all the way.

ATR

• 22. Re: Rendering and video screen above timeline?
                                                    miker12942700 Level 1

I'm sorry but I just can't find it.  I'm using Adobe premier elements 13 in

Windows 7.

This is the exact error message below in red that I'm getting.

Adobe Premier Elements.exe - No Disk

There is no disk in the drive.  Please insert a disk into the drive

/Device/Harddisk2\DR2

Thank you

• 23. Re: Rendering and video screen above timeline?
                                                      A.T. Romano Level 7

miker

Thanks for the updates.

How are you looking for the OldFilm.AEX? Are you using the computer's Search function or actually going down the path cited in the Local Disk C - -

Finding Program Files Folder, double clicking it to open it to find Adobe Folder, finding the Adobe Folder in the Program Files Folder and double

clicking it to open to the Adobe Premiere Elements 13 Folder and so on through the path etc?

Have you actually found and looked into the NewBlue Folder in the Common Folder or have you only found and looked into the NewBlue Folder in My Documents?

Is there any possibility that you may have deleted that file at another time?

To try to prove conclusively that your computer does not have the OldFilm.AEX file in the path cited, please

1. Click on the Windows Explorer icon to the right of the Start button in the Taskbar.

2. In Windows Explorer, click on Local Disk C in the left column, type in OldFilm.AEX in the Search field at the top right of WIndows Explorer.

Hit Enter to initiate the Search. You are likely to get bunch of entries, right click the one that shows the path to the file as seen in the screenshot

Untitled-3.jpg

and then click on Open File Location in the drop down list that appears after the right click. That should bring you directly to the file that is being sought.

Then delete that file.

Please let us know the outcome.

Thank you.

ATR

• 24. Re: Rendering and video screen above timeline?
                                                        A.T. Romano Level 7

miker

Just checking to see how you are doing.

If you did not find the OldFilm.AEX in the Windows Explorer Search,  then let us temporarily back off the approach.

The Device\Harddisk2\DR2 error, often referred to as No Disc error, has been reported in several versions of Premiere Elements.

In each case, each version with the problem seems to have its unique fix.

As I recall, for Premiere Elements 11, the fix was related to the program's SmartSound feature. The SmartSound feature is gone

in 12 and 13. The No Disc error has had a 99.9999% fix rate with deletion of the OldFim.OEX file since it was pointed to by Adobe in one of these threads. Why your

Premiere Elements does not have an OldFilm.AEX file in the location pointed to is unclear.

Could you have deleted that OldFilm.AEX file at an earlier time?

Miscellaneous...

What is the result if you right click Computer in the right side of the panel that pop up after you click the Start button, select Manage, and then Disc Management

in the left column of the Computer Management (Local), inspect all the drives to determine if they are all present and account for?

Does your computer have a SD memory card slot?

ATR

• 25. Re: Rendering and video screen above timeline?
                                                          miker12942700 Level 1

I still can't find it and am not sure if that file exists in my computer

because I've tried everything that you said.  But today for some strange

reason I'm not getting the error message opening and closing Adobe Premiere

Elements 13.  I'm not quite sure what happened but the error message is now

gone and I'm happy with that.  I did open and close the program three times

and there was no error message.  Glad it's gone.  I also want to thank you

guys for hanging in there with me through all those e-mails back and

forth.  Anybody else would had gave up a long time ago but you did not.

Thank you so much for all your professional help!!!

On Tue, Feb 24, 2015 at 5:47 PM, A.T. Romano <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

• 26. Re: Rendering and video screen above timeline?
                                                            A.T. Romano Level 7

miker

Great news that your disc error message is gone. Great job of working through the troubleshooting steps.

Never hesitate to ask questions and to ask for clarification. We are glad for the opportunity to be of assistance.

Best wishes as you move forward in your projects.

ATR

• 27. Re: Rendering and video screen above timeline?
                                                              miker12942700 Level 1

ATR, I have another little problem today.  I'm working with my Adobe

Premier elements 13 in Windows 7.  I'm trying to close the program but it

will not close.

1.  I click the save button.

2.  I click the X in the top upper right hand corner of the screen.

3.  A dialog box pops up and asked me "save changes........".

4.  I click yes in the dialog box.

5.  Adobe Premiere elements 13 will not close.

Could you please help me figure out what the problem is and how to resolve

it?

Thank you,

On Wed, Feb 25, 2015 at 8:31 AM, A.T. Romano <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

• 28. Re: Rendering and video screen above timeline?
                                                                A.T. Romano Level 7

miker

Can you right click the Taskbar and select Start Task Manager.

Taskbar-1.jpg

Then go to Task Manager/Process and end process for Adobe Premiere Elements 13?

EndProcess-2.jpg

If you use File Menu/Exit, does not also not work to get the project closed?

Some possibilities

a. Check the Save Location to make sure there is enough free space there.

b. Delete the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file, and, if necessary, the whole 13.0 Folder in which it exists.

Local Disk C

Users

Owner

AppData

Roaming

Adobe

Premiere Elements

and in the 13.0 Folder is the Adobe Premiere Elemens Prefs file that you delete. If necessary, delete that 13.0 Folder in which it

exists. This is a case where you make sure that you do not have any hidden files, folders, and drives.

c. If you have been working with the AutoSave feature on, can you open, close, and open one of the AutoSaves from the Adobe Premiere

Elements AutoSave Folder.

Can you use the File Menu/Save A Copy option? If so, make a copy of the project with a new name. And, then try to open and close

that.

Let us consider the above and then decide what next.

Thanks.

ATR

• 29. Re: Rendering and video screen above timeline?
                                                                  A.T. Romano Level 7

miker

Just an add on...hope something in the prior post helps with the save situation, but, if not, also look at the free ccleaner run through by itself for now (not associated

with an uninstall/reinstall).

CCleaner - PC Optimization and Cleaning - Free Download

And, just do the regular cleaner, do not bother with the registry cleaner part yet.

In the early part of 2014, I had a terribly time with Premiere Elements 12/12.1 and very delayed opening of File Menu/New/Project and even slower response to any attempts to save projects. I went through the same types of solution possibilities including ccleaner. Reflecting back, ccleaner may have been part of the answer if not the whole answer. Not sure yet if we need to go to uninstall/reinstall of the program.

We will be watching for your results.

ATR

• 30. Re: Rendering and video screen above timeline?
                                                                    miker12942700 Level 1

Great, got it.  Thank you

On Wed, Feb 25, 2015 at 9:31 AM, A.T. Romano <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

• 31. Re: Rendering and video screen above timeline?
                                                                      miker12942700 Level 1

The error message has came back.  The error message to install disk keeps

popping up when I open or close the program.  I also found the error

messages popping up when I went into the effects.

Now with all that said, I did find the OldFilm folder.  It just says

"OldFilm" only.

There is nothing else written next to it.  Just "OldFilm".

What should I do?

Thank you,

On Mon, Feb 23, 2015 at 3:34 PM, A.T. Romano <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

• 32. Re: Rendering and video screen above timeline?
                                                                        A.T. Romano Level 7

miker

Thanks for the update.

Where did you find this OldFilm Folder?

You do not want any OldFilm Folder. You want the OldFilm.AEX file.

1. Please double check that you are seeing everything by going back to the Folder Options dialog and

a. Dot in front of option "Show hidden files, folders, and drive"

b. No check mark next to option "Hide extensions for known file types."

FolderOptionExt.JPG

2. If you really found the OldFilm.AEX file, not any OldFilm folder, then delete the OldFilm.AEX file if you found

it in the path

Local Disk C\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 13\Plug-ins\Common\NewBlue and in that specifically located

NewBlue Folder should be the OldFilm.AEX file that you delete.

If all that does not work out the details so that the problems is solved, then we will decide what next which will probably be

a program uninstall/reinstall. But, before you do that we would want to know "Does your computer have a built in SD slot?" If so,

the next question would then be "Is there anything in the SD slot, even a blank insert for when it is not in use?"

Thanks. Do not give up.

ATR

• 33. Re: Rendering and video screen above timeline?
                                                                          miker12942700 Level 1

I found the file OldFilm in the folder NewBlue by following your old

instructions.

Local Disk C

Program Files

Adobe

Adobe Premiere Elements 13

Plug-ins

Common

NewBlue

I opened it up and found the file IldBlue.

I did what you suggested and deleted it.  The error message seems to be

going now.

I must say, I never did see anything next to "OldFile".  Meaning, there

never was anything saying OldFilm.AEX or OldFilm.AEXOLD.  I only seen the

file "OldFilm".  Do you think it was ever installed properly in the

beginning when I inserted the CD?.

My new question is, the OldFilm file I deleted is only for an old film look

and nothing else?

Thank you,

On Fri, Feb 27, 2015 at 10:22 AM, A.T. Romano <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

• 34. Re: Rendering and video screen above timeline?
                                                                            A.T. Romano Level 7

miker

Great news that the OldFilm.AEX is deleted or disabled and the No Disk error message is gone.

That OldFilm.AEX appears to be associated with fx Effects/New Blue Film Look/Old Film. However, I would

have to take a closer look at the Instant Movie feature to determine if any of its themes use the OldFilm.AEX file.

If one does, then I would expect a media offline associated with the theme that uses it. But, as of this time, I have

not run into an Instant Movie with OldFilm.AEX applied.

You could have disabled it instead of deleting it. Disabling would have been by renaming the file from OldFilm.AEX to

OldFilm.AEXOLD as mentioned in post 13. Do you still have OldFilm.AEX in the Recycle Bin? If so, you can restore it

and then disable it by the renaming of the file as mentioned.

But, all is sounding good. Great job staying through the troubleshooting. Appreciated.

Best wishes.

ATR

• 35. Re: Rendering and video screen above timeline?
                                                                              miker12942700 Level 1

Problem still remains and with other problems.  First of all I'm so sorry

that we have to go through this.  This is a brand-new computer and a

brand-new Adobe premier elements 13 install.

This is what's going on.  Earlier today I deleted OldFilm file because I

had no alternative but to do so.  After that I emailed you and told you

everything was fine.  As soon as I sent the email to you the Adobe premier

elements 13 program started to get corrupted in other parts of the *effects

section* of the program.  I got fed up and went out and got a brand-new

Adobe premier elements 13 with Photoshop.  This is the same exact program

that am replacing.

When I got back from Staples with the new Adobe premier elements 13 and

Photoshop, I completely uninstalled Adobe premier elements 13 and Photoshop

from my computer.  I then proceeded to install the new Adobe premier

elements 13.

It installed properly but when I double-click on the premier elements icon

on my desktop to launch it the same error message popped up.

This is the error message that popped up "*There is no disk in the hard

drive.  Please insert a disk into drive \Device\Harddisk2\DR2*."

Since I uninstalled the first program from my computer.  There must be

something hidden within my hard drive.  Whatever was hidden in my hard

drive was introduced back when I installed your new program.

Also, I noticed after the installation of the new Adobe premier elements

13, two of my old programs that I was working on from the previous deleted

program are now in the newly installed Adobe premier elements  "Open Recent

Projects" under my file tab upper left-hand corner.  How did they get there

if I uninstalled the program that they were in.  It can only be that they

were saved somewhere else in my hard drive.

This is how I uninstalled.

1.  Clicked on the start button.

2.  Click on Control Panel.

3.  Clicked on programs and features.

4.  Scroll down to Adobe premier elements 13 highlighted and clicked

uninstall.

5.  Scroll down to Adobe Photoshop elements 13 highlighted and clicked

uninstalled.

6.  Closed everything out and re-booted computer.

7.  Started to new install for Adobe premier elements 13.

8..  I did not install Adobe Photoshop because I didn't get that far yet.

Thank you,

On Fri, Feb 27, 2015 at 1:54 PM, A.T. Romano <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

• 36. Re: Rendering and video screen above timeline?
                                                                                A.T. Romano Level 7

miker

Do not give up. Let us focus on current situation with the store replaced Premiere Elements 13.

a. No disc error.

When you installed Premiere Elements 13 (2nd one), it installed with the OldFilm.AEX file that come

with those particular new installation files.

You wrote

It installed properly but when I double-click on the premier elements icon

on my desktop to launch it the same error message popped up.

This is the error message that popped up "*There is no disk in the hard

drive.  Please insert a disk into drive \Device\Harddisk2\DR2*."

But did you delete or disable this replacement program's OldFilm.AEX file after the

installation of the replacement? If you have not, the delete or disable the OldFilm.AEX file

and determine if the No Disk error is gone.

b. Also consider, that, when you uninstall (as you did for Premiere Elements 13 - 1st one), the project

files from the uninstall program remain on the hard drive. They are not removed. So, you should be

able to open those files in your current 13 (2nd), provided you did not move, delete, rename any of the source

media that you imported into those projects). More on this next time if necessary.

I just want to make sure that we are OK with the above. And, then we can decide what next.

Be sure to point out to me where you need supplemental information.

Thanks.

ATR

Add On...please leave Photoshop Elements 13 out of this until we have resolved the Premiere Elements 13 matters.

• 37. Re: Rendering and video screen above timeline?
                                                                                  miker12942700 Level 1

After I installed the second Adobe premier elements 13 and got the error

message I decided to change the name from OldFilm to OldFilm.AEX and

OldFilm.AEXOLD.

And rebooted the computer.  After that was done I contacted you with my

last email.

What do we do next, I keep getting the error message?

Thank you,

On Fri, Feb 27, 2015 at 3:24 PM, A.T. Romano <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

• 38. Re: Rendering and video screen above timeline?
                                                                                    A.T. Romano Level 7

miker

Based on the reports from nearly all having the No Disk problem in 13/13.1, the deletion/disabling of OldFilm.AEX file was the answer to the issue.

Others (at least Adobe's PRE_help and myself) have wondered if that was the only factor that triggered that error. Yours may be

the exception to what seem to be the only answer. So, let us go look beyond OldFilm.AEX for the moment.

I think that I have asked you before...does your computer have a built in SD slot, which presents on your computer as a drive?

If so, what do you have in that SD slot at the present time - a blank which protect the slot or nothing in the slot?

Have you gone to the section of your computer called Disc Management to inspect the description of the drives that you computer has?

And, if so, have you checked the drives listed there to determine if they match up with what you see in the Computer section of the program?

Please review the above. If you need deeper details on the locations that I mentioned, I will post screenshots.

Please remind me, when you had Photoshop Elements 13 (1st) and Premiere Elements 13 (1st) on your computer, did you get the No Disc error

if you opened only Photoshop Elements 13?

ATR

• 39. Re: Rendering and video screen above timeline?
                                                                                      miker12942700 Level 1

Yes, I have an SD slot on my computer tower.  There is nothing in the SD

slot not even a blank card.  It is completely empty and open.

I did look in the disk management but I'm just not sure what I'm looking at

or what to look for.  Could you please explain further what exactly I

should be checking for.

I never opened Photoshop in my first install because that is a program I do

not use much.  The only time I received error messages is with Adobe

Premiere elements 13.

Thank you,

On Fri, Feb 27, 2015 at 3:21 PM, A.T. Romano <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

1 2 Previous Next