7 Replies Latest reply on Feb 24, 2015 2:20 AM by gwend20556348

almost high def video and title menu coming out blurry when project completed

gwend20556348

I have been using premeire elements 10 since it came out and have been happy until this week.  I use elements to put together my daughters school performance for archival reasons.  I am working on her latest play and act one was fine and clear when completed earlier this week.  However, act two is coming out blurry, including the title menu and other texts and the burned dvd came out very blurry.  I tried to compare act one and now the title menu preview is also showing a blurry video so I know the burning will be blurry as well.  please help as I'm tired of always redoing the edits.  thank you

• 1. Re: almost high def video and title menu coming out blurry when project completed
          A.T. Romano Level 7

gwend

What video card/graphics card does your computer use? Are you on an automatic driver version update schedule for the card?

If the computer uses a NVIDIA GeForce, then that will need to be evaluated because of the serious known issue specific to Premiere Elements 10/NVIDIA Ge Force.

In this regard, the operating system will be important since the fix involves rolling back the driver version to about May 2013, and older NVIDIA drivers do not go back

far enough for operating systems such as Windows 8 and 8.1 64 bit.

But, the important point to confirm is that your Premiere Elements 10 current situation is one where "it worked before but not now" rather than "it never worked before"

Have you been using the Timeline render to get the best possible preview especially for titles, transitions, effects, and non native formats? If so, please check the

Adobe Premiere Elements Previews Files Folder for pile ups of preview files which are files automatically get saved to that folder when you render a Timeline file to get the

best possible preview.

Let us start here and then decide what next.

Thank you.

ATR

Add On....Please confirm ...where is the blur, before or after your choice of export - what is the export...disc or file saved to computer hard drive?

• 2. Re: almost high def video and title menu coming out blurry when project completed
            gwend20556348 Level 1

Hi ATR,

Thank you for responding to my plea.  The video card is an Intel(R)HD graphics, I use Windows 7 on a Dell that was purchased almost 1 1/2 years ago.  The updates are automatic.

Yes, the Premiere program worked well until last Monday when the title/menu feature and all the videos for Act Two of my project because blurry.  The day prior I had burned very nice copies of Act One and the title/menu did not distort in preview mode.

I use Timeline render when working on projects and I checked my adobe premiere elements preview file folder but it shows that it is empty.

Hope this helps with your assessment of how I can return to the level I had last week.

Gwen

-

"A.T. Romano" <forums_noreply@adobe.com> wrote:

A.T. Romano  created the discussion

"almost high def video and title menu coming out blurry when project completed"

To view the discussion, visit: https://forums.adobe.com/message/7218057#7218057

>

• 3. Re: almost high def video and title menu coming out blurry when project completed
              gwend20556348 Level 1

PS - in response your add on.  The blurring occurs prior to selecting the Share button.  I always check the title menu preview button to make sure I don't have overlaps on the titles prior to a burn. I noticed when playing the preview the entire title/menu becomes very distorted so the menu marker titles are not readable from the preview screen and the burned dvd's were also blurred.   

I save the project on my computer.

Thank you for asking.

Gwen

-

To view the discussion, visit: https://forums.adobe.com/message/7218057#7218057

>

• 4. Re: almost high def video and title menu coming out blurry when project completed
                A.T. Romano Level 7

Gwen

Thanks for the replies.

As for the disc menu preview in the disc menu customization of the project, I would not be concerned about that unless you see the blur in the end product disc.

Those disc menu previews are not good quality. Best use for those disc menu previews is to assure that the main menu and scene selection page buttons are OK

to navigate the disc content at playback on your player.

We may be heading for an uninstall, free ccleaner run through (regular cleaner and registry cleaner parts), reinstall with antivirus and firewalls disabled, but let

us try a free more troubleshooting steps before that.

CCleaner - PC Optimization and Cleaning - Free Download

1. Put the current project aside for the moment. Open a new project and briefly try to recreate Act One. Is the playback any better in the Edit area monitor of the

new project?

2. Right click the Edit area monitor, select Playback Quality and set for "Highest". Also, go to Edit Menu/Preferences/Timeline Render Quality and it option for

High quality, Slow speed. Make sure you are looking at Timeline content with a no colored line or a green line over it. What does the playback look and sound like

in the Edit area monitor?

Since is a before and after burn to issue, I want to define the situation on the before side first.

Please also see (Device Manager/Display Adapters) if you can determine if the video card/graphics card driver version has been automatically updated. If you feel comfortable doing it, you could roll back the video card/graphics card druver version and see what that does the the blurs situation.

We will be watching for your progress.

Thanks for the follow ups.

ATR

• 5. Re: almost high def video and title menu coming out blurry when project completed
                  gwend20556348 Level 1

Hi Mr. Romano, 

My apologies for taking so long to reply. I want to thank you so much for your assistance and patience.  I was able to fix the problem though the two acts are burned on dvd's differently.  I tried burning act two using the achvd mode and it all came out well.  First used an 8 gb disk then a 4gb and both were comparable, in fact better than the act one that had been burned just as a dvd.

Success and still happy with Premiere 10.  I must admit I purchased the premiere 13 as a possible option but haven't opened it.  I'll research the difference between 10 and 13 a little more to decide if I want to switch since I'm tempted by the shakey eliminator mode (which was noticeable on my act one and two - even with tripod).

Would appreciate any comments on the difference between premiere 10 and 13.

Again thank you so very much for your assistance.  It got my mind processing in the correct direction for other options and I'll ignore the blurry during preview.

Respectfully,

Gwen

-

To view the discussion, visit: https://forums.adobe.com/message/7220400#7220400

>

• 6. Re: almost high def video and title menu coming out blurry when project completed
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

Gwen

Thanks for the great news of your success. Well done.

Best give the Shake Stabilizer a good workout before making your final decisions. Major consideration there are resource demanding feature

and file must match the project preset before the Shake Stabilizer will work. Here is the link to the Adobe document on the new Shake Stabilizer

in 13. Note its recommendations for use.

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-elements/using/shake-stabilizer.html

I have two blog posts that you may be interested in, one is on Premiere Elements 13 First Look and the other on Premiere Elements 13 Daily

Discoveries.

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: Premiere Elements 13 First Look Details

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: Premiere Elements 13 Daily Discoveries

The first thing of note is the major change in workspaces going from 10 to 11, 12, and 13/13.1. Principles tend to stay the same from version to version, but

the features tend to get moved, deleted, or changed. As I typically write, it is very frustrating to be armed with principles when you cannot find

a feature that you are used to.

The following are some Premiere Elements 13 video tutorials. Some times a 12 one might be in there. To spot the non 13 ones, look at the headers

11 Quick and Expert

12 Quick, Guided, and Expert

13 eLive, Quick, Guided, and Expert

Except for the Premiere Elements 10/NVIDIA GeForce issue, I found10 to be a good version.

Best wishes to you and the family.

ATR

• 7. Re: almost high def video and title menu coming out blurry when project completed
                      gwend20556348 Level 1

Hi Mr. Romano,

Thank you for your feedback and I will review the video links prior to deciding whether to try the 13 or not.

Again, I appreciate your assistance, time and honesty.

Respectfully,

Gwen

-

To view the discussion, visit: https://forums.adobe.com/message/7224158#7224158

>