3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 22, 2015 8:20 AM by A.T. Romano

Premiere Elements 12 crashes when I try to open the editor

jasperthesiamese Level 1

Well Im back and I thought all was well!!

I have successfully made a video recently after having so many problems with Premiere Elements 12 so I have left it a couple of weeks as I have been ill and I thought today "Oh I think I will make another video" so I launched the welsome screen from my shortcut and all looks well. I can go into my organizer and everything is sat there, however when I go to launch the editor...............nothing. The blue bar stays round the video and no "please wait whilst we launch the video edotor" .

In fact I just tried it again and it launched Photoshop 12 editor as I just clicked in the middle of the editor tab but nothing if I click on the "Video Editor" Tab

I closed it down and tried to click on the Video Editor from the welcome screen clicking new project but it just crashes the whole programe?

ATR where are you?

Jillys back!!!

• 1. Re: Premiere Elements 12 crashes when I try to open the editor
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Jilly

Hello. Hope you are felling better.

From what you wrote, Premiere Elements just remained closed while you were away from it. Right? Any chance anyone else might have

been using it and made some adjustments? If not, then let us continue...

1. Let us try opening the program from the Adobe Premiere Elements.exe file.

Local Disk C

Program Files

Adobe

Adobe Premiere Elements 12

and then scroll down in the Adobe Premiere Elements 12 Folder until you get specifically to Adobe Premiere Elements.exe.

(You do not want the Adobe Premiere Elements 12.exe one).

After you get to the Adobe Premiere Elements.exe file, right click it, select and click on Run As Administrator. Then double

click the file and determine if that opens the program to the Premiere Elements Editor.

2. If I remember correctly didn't you have to uninstall the antivirus before the program would work? If so, maybe this time,

let us see if we can get away with just disabling "Real Time Protection" in the control area for your antivirus program.

Please try the above and, in the meanwhile, I will be preparing a check list for troubleshooting.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: Premiere Elements 12 crashes when I try to open the editor
            jasperthesiamese Level 1

Morning ATR

I followed your instructions in step 1 and it did open in the Editor?

I then tried it in my shortcut and clicked new project and it opened the Editor again?

Was I doing something wrong or is this programe testing me!!

Jilly

• 3. Re: Premiere Elements 12 crashes when I try to open the editor
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Jilly

Great news.

There are several Premiere Elements challenges that go unanswered. Some have answers that we did not find. Some have workaround answers. For some, there are no answers that exist.

But, you have met this challenge. Great job.

Best wishes and hope that all is going well.

ATR