2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 9, 2007 10:31 AM by phi2265

Design Mode Problem

phi2265 Level 1
      I'm having a problem with design mode, I constantly get the error:
      Design mode: Error during component layout. Choose Design > Refresh to refresh design mode.

I do that and I just get the same message again.. This is starting to happen to all of my components.. I'm not sure what to do.
      I have had my computer crash a few times while Flex was running.. don't know if that has anything to do with it. (crash was caused by another program). I haven't upgraded to 2.1 yet, because I've been seeing posts regarding problems after the update.

Anyone have a suggestion? Thanks!

• 1. Re: Design Mode Problem
          tyriker
          I've run into the same problem. My application with a very simple interface didn't show up in design view. Instead, I received error: Design mode: Error during component layout. Choose Design > Refresh to refresh design mode

Other apps display fine. Same app on a different editor/machine results in same error.

In my interface, I found the cause to be a SWFLoader component with a source that was 'unreachable' and the trustContent property set to true.

For my designing tasks, I had to remove the trustContent="true" in order for the design view to show up. I can only assume the reason why this is.

• 2. Re: Design Mode Problem
            phi2265 Level 1
            I thought maybe that would do it, as I have 2 SWFLoaders in this main application, but it didn't work.