I understand that you have Premiere Elements 10. But, the nature of your "unlock code" is not clear to me.
What are you doing in the program when you get the message? If you can post a screenshot of the message, that
would be helpful. Please do not include any personal information such as serial numbers.
Are you just opening the program and you are getting the message to Licensing This Product or Continue trial?
Are you in the Editing part and start to use a feature (import or editing or export) and the unlock code message pops up?
Are you working with an Internet connection?
Are you running the program as Administrator?
Please review and consider. We will be watching for your reply.
I have bought Premiere Elements 10 and duly registered it after installing it.
I work with the program offline as user.
Having started a new Instant Movie project, I do the following:
- import the relevant photos from the organizer to the new project
- click on the Instant Movie icon (= I wanted to apply the theme to be chosen on the whole project)
- chose one of the themes offered (I downloaded 2 of the 3 contents "packages" available from adobe)
- click on "next"
- enter the attributes to be used in the Instant Movie project
- click "apply"
- to the then appearing statement that "All effects a.s.o,. entered by the user, will be replaced", I reply: "without"
After this the message "Components are activated" is appearing, in which I am asked to enter the "unlock code".
Having entered the "unlock code" the following message appears twice after each other with exact the identical wording:
"Do you accept that the following program will make some changes to your computer?" The program mentioned there is:
"Microsoft (c) registerserver".
This question has to be answered with my administrator PIN .
Why does this happen and how can I avoid having to enter the "unlock code" and answer the above question twice after each other in every new project?