35 Replies Latest reply on Mar 24, 2007 8:25 AM by allstaruk

Incompatible with Vista Aero

jcarberry
      Apparently, Fireworks 8 causes Windows Vista "Aero" enhanced graphics features (specifically, window transparency) to turn themselves OFF whenever Fireworks 8 is run. Unfortunately, this is virtually ALL DAY for me since Fireworks is my preferred web graphics editor and that is my job.

Any fixes or ideas?

Thanks!
        • 1. Re: Incompatible with Vista Aero
          Level 7
          On Sat, 17 Feb 2007 17:37:05 +0300, jcarberry
          <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote:

> Apparently, Fireworks 8 causes Windows Vista "Aero" enhanced graphics
          > features
          > (specifically, window transparency) to turn themselves OFF whenever
          > Fireworks 8
          > is run. Unfortunately, this is virtually ALL DAY for me since Fireworks
          > is my
          > preferred web graphics editor and that is my job.
          >
          > Any fixes or ideas?

Hmm, are you surprised by the fact that some pre-Vista software do not
          support all the Vista features? Rre-XP software (including old FW
          versions) did not support XP "themes", now we see that software developed
          long before Vista release do not fullly support some Vista features.

What as to "ideas", as long as I've heared, newest FW version public beta
          testing is launched.

--
          Ilya Razmanov
          http://photoshop.msk.ru - Photoshop plug-in filters
          • 2. Re: Incompatible with Vista Aero
            boone51 Level 1
            We are thanks you for you helping post. Perhaps wait for more time with english or useful information before replying again

Thanks
            • 3. Re: Incompatible with Vista Aero
              abeall Level 3
              Wow, I didn't have any problems understanding what he said. Pre-Vista software doesn't work perfectly with Vista, no surprise there. As far as I know, Adobe is aiming to make CS3 Vista compatible.
              • 4. Re: Incompatible with Vista Aero
                Level 7
                i'm guessing boone51 has English as a second language ;)

abeall wrote:
                > Wow, I didn't have any problems understanding what he said. Pre-Vista software doesn't work perfectly with Vista, no surprise there. As far as I know, Adobe is aiming to make CS3 Vista compatible.
                • 5. Re: Incompatible with Vista Aero
                  5166 Level 1
                  Look "abeall" who cares about CS3 or 2 for that matter? The question is about FIREWORKS! Read the question before you try and show off your superior wisdom with insulting comments like "Wow;" as if "jcarberry" had no legitimate right to make a simply question about a problem his experiencing, along with thousands of other Fireworks users.

Have you noticed there have been updates for Dreamweaver and Flash Pro but absolutely nothing to address issues with Fireworks? Or have you wondered why all the other programs in Macromedia Studio 8 work fine under windows Vista, except for Fireworks 8?

I'm wondering if Adobe has any intentions on continuing Fireworks or are they planning to get rid of it because it competes with some of Adobes original photo editing software?

I've used two generations of Fireworks, but now that Macromedia has been taken over by Adobe they appear to have no interest in continuing or improving Fireworks or even to help a Fireworks user migrate to the Adobe Photoshop family. I'll tell you one thing the whole macromedia software family was far better managed under macromedia then now that it's under the control Adobe.

Who cares about CS3 when it will cost me 700 dollars to buy the program. I want a simple update to a great program that I've been using for years, or at lest the option to upgrade to a newer version of Fireworks. Adobe doesn't appear to care at all about the thousands of Fireworks users that have come over to Adobe from Macromedia. You go to their CS2 page and when it comes to upgrade options the ONLY macromedia program that figures on the list is Dreamweaver, to which they offer CS2 + Dreamweaver 8 for over a thousand dollars. What kind of an upgrade deal is that for those who already own Macromedia Studio 8?

And to add to the insult you get some smart alec come on to the support forum with a "WOW, are you stupid or what" comment and then tell us about Adobe's plans for CS3. Who cares I want to know about the plans for Fireworks; now that would be helpful "abeall." Show us you know something that interests us. At lest I would have an idea of the direction Fireworks will be taking, or is it as I fear, that Adobe has no plans? Personally I find it a little supicious when you visit Fireworks support "emerging issues" and it was last updated September 23, 2005. You mean there has been nothing to update in two years, how about this "Aero" issue? You mean to tell me nobody at Adobe is aware of this problem? Give me a break.
                  • 6. Re: Incompatible with Vista Aero
                    Level 7
                    5166 wrote:

> And to add to the insult you get some smart alec come on to the support forum

Whoa there. This isn't a support forum. It's a user to user forum. No
                    one here knows whether or when Adobe plans to release an update to make
                    FW compatible with Vista's Aero interface.

Adobe has announced that they are continuing to develop Fireworks.

--
                    Linda Rathgeber [PVII] *Adobe Community Expert-Fireworks*
                    --------------------------------------------------------------
                    http://www.projectseven.com
                    Fireworks Newsgroup: news://forums.projectseven.com/fireworks/
                    CSS Newsgroup: news://forums.projectseven.com/css/
                    http://www.adobe.com/communities/experts/
                    • 7. Re: Incompatible with Vista Aero
                      5166 Level 1
                      Well that's funny Linda, if I may quote you, "Whoa there. This isn't a support forum," and at the top of my browser as well as on the main page, in Hugh letters it says, "Fireworks Support Forum." Kind of contradictory don't you think? I assure you I'm quite justified in referring to this as a “support forum” because that's exactly what Adobe calls it. Of course I'm not expecting any official help or replies. I realize it's a community of enthusiasts, and some professionals that give a helping hand from time to time (as well as some know it all dead beats.) However I would expect that a lot of enthusiasts would like to know about Adobe's commitment to Fireworks.

My reaction was to "abeall's" arrogant and yet senseless reply. There's nothing stupid about jcarberry's question. I specifically came here looking for the same information. It's really annoying to have my computer hang up for a second, every time I start fireworks, while windows shut down Aero. I was hoping someone knew of a patch even if a third party patch. The fact is I've been hoping for some time, Adobe would have come out with an update for Fireworks. The program has what they call "emerging issues" such as the language changing on you, and sure there is a work around as well as a plug-in but no thanks to Adobe. As far as I’ve seen they just ignored this program, and the very fact the emerging issues page hasn’t been updated since 2005 is further prove to the obvious and has made me begin to wonder whether Fireworks has any future with adobe.

I know you mention that they have announced they are continuing to develop Fireworks. May I ask where you obtained that “official” information? I managed to find information on upcoming versions of Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Dreamweaver, Flash, and After Effects, sometime this spring (and so no vista compatibility patches for these programs), they even mention FreeHand ( http://www.adobe.com/support/products/pdfs/adobe_products_and_windows_vista.pdf.) But strangely not a word about Fireworks. So if you could point me in the right direction I'd appreciate it.

• 8. Re: Incompatible with Vista Aero
                        Level 1
                        Whoa! Why are you so upset and sound very angry especially with the tone of what you typed in here.

If you really want to get some help, try to stop accusing Adobe of doing this lousy job. If you look at history of Adobe doing a pretty darn good job with quality assurance of product development every 18 months, more or less. Adobe get a good credit for that approach. Where MS had over 5 years of developing Vista and embrassessing enough that M$ is not able to fix all patches or bugs after the release of Vista system architecture.

That is to say, you should be aware that you *DO* know that Vista is a buggy problem and that MS is working hard to smooth this out for next couple of months. I am sorry to say that few months is not the answer, because of looking at history of XP problems trying to resolve thousands, thousands of bug patches... around 117,000 bugs on side of Windows XP. If you compare it with Mac OSX, none quite literally. If Apple Inc realize that there is some tiny hiccups associated with Mac OSX system architecture or part of software itself, they work on it in NO TIME and get rid of problem FAST than what Microsoft would do.

If that this make you feel better, perhaps that you want to take for a long walk outside and get some fresh air... and get yourself some coffee at Starbucks and perhaps that you should reinstall back to XP and continue to work around XP enviornment for a while until you are sure that Vista is up to the real task.

MS like to claim that it is most secure system architecture. I question about that. I had to laugh about that big picture that MS painted as it is.

In case if you didn't know, Adobe is working on CS3 products and they are about to release sometime this spring. Though, I do not know WHEN the release would be for. Only Adobe people know interally.

Finally, as for user-to-user forums, it is totally different approach. It is NOT supported by Adobe team people. It is all done based on volunteers.

quote:

Originally posted by: 5166
                        Well that's funny Linda, if I may quote you, "Whoa there. This isn't a support forum," and at the top of my browser as well as on the main page, in Hugh letters it says, "Fireworks Support Forum." Kind of contradictory don't you think? I assure you I'm quite justified in referring to this as a “support forum” because that's exactly what Adobe calls it. Of course I'm not expecting any official help or replies. I realize it's a community of enthusiasts, and some professionals that give a helping hand from time to time (as well as some know it all dead beats.) However I would expect that a lot of enthusiasts would like to know about Adobe's commitment to Fireworks.

My reaction was to "abeall's" arrogant and yet senseless reply. There's nothing stupid about jcarberry's question. I specifically came here looking for the same information. It's really annoying to have my computer hang up for a second, every time I start fireworks, while windows shut down Aero. I was hoping someone knew of a patch even if a third party patch. The fact is I've been hoping for some time, Adobe would have come out with an update for Fireworks. The program has what they call "emerging issues" such as the language changing on you, and sure there is a work around as well as a plug-in but no thanks to Adobe. As far as I’ve seen they just ignored this program, and the very fact the emerging issues page hasn’t been updated since 2005 is further prove to the obvious and has made me begin to wonder whether Fireworks has any future with adobe.

I know you mention that they have announced they are continuing to develop Fireworks. May I ask where you obtained that “official” information? I managed to find information on upcoming versions of Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Dreamweaver, Flash, and After Effects, sometime this spring (and so no vista compatibility patches for these programs), they even mention FreeHand ( http://www.adobe.com/support/products/pdfs/adobe_products_and_windows_vista.pdf.) But strangely not a word about Fireworks. So if you could point me in the right direction I'd appreciate it.

• 9. Re: Incompatible with Vista Aero
                          abeall Level 3
                          For the record, the "Wow" comment was in response to boone51's post which appeared to me to be a mockery of Ilya's helpful response, since Ilya might not speak English as a first language and it showed in his post, boone51's comment reads to me as "learn better english before responding" to Ilya. My thought was "I had no problem understanding Ilya's answer", but apparently I did not express that thought clearly enough as apparently it was mistaken as an attack against jcarberry.

And looks like Linda answered the question directed at me, thanks.

• 10. Re: Incompatible with Vista Aero
                            Level 7
                            "5166" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
                            news:erqk1s$6hf$1@forums.macromedia.com...
                            > Well that's funny Linda, if I may quote you, "Whoa there. This isn't a
                            > support
                            > forum," and at the top of my browser as well as on the main page, in
                            > Hugh
                            > letters it says, "Fireworks Support Forum."

Adobe is misrepresenting it, then - unless they've made some changes in
                            that area since Macromedia was purchased.

> I know you mention that they have announced they are continuing to
                            > develop
                            > Fireworks. May I ask where you obtained that ?official? information? I
                            > managed
                            > to find information on upcoming versions of Adobe Photoshop, InDesign,
                            > Dreamweaver, Flash, and After Effects, sometime this spring (and so no
                            > vista
                            > compatibility patches for these programs), they even mention FreeHand
                            > ( http://www.adobe.com/support/products/pdfs/adobe_products_and_windows_vista.pdf
                            > .) But strangely not a word about Fireworks. So if you could point me
                            > in the
                            > right direction I'd appreciate it.

http://www.google.com/search?q=adobe+fireworks+cs3

--
                            Al Sparber - PVII
                            Extending Dreamweaver - Nav Systems | Galleries | Widgets
                            Authors: "42nd Street: Mastering the Art of CSS Design"

• 11. Re: Incompatible with Vista Aero
                              Level 7
                              "Deaf Web Designer" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
                              news:erqme8$8v0

> That is to say, you should be aware that you *DO* know that Vista is a
                              > buggy
                              > problem and that MS is working hard to smooth this out for next couple
                              > of
                              > months. I am sorry to say that few months is not the answer, because
                              > of looking
                              > at history of XP problems trying to resolve thousands, thousands of
                              > bug
                              > patches... around 117,000 bugs on side of Windows XP. If you compare
                              > it with
                              > Mac OSX, none quite literally. If Apple Inc realize that there is some
                              > tiny
                              > hiccups associated with Mac OSX system architecture or part of
                              > software itself,
                              > they work on it in NO TIME and get rid of problem FAST than what
                              > Microsoft
                              > would do.

Actually, Vista is extremely stable. The reason that applications like
                              Fireworks have issues is simply that it's natural to have issues when a
                              new OS is released. Apple has not issues a really new OS in a few years.
                              I've been around this community for many years and vividly recall the
                              huge problems related to OS X support. If you want to know the truth,
                              most of the more severe problems with Studio 8 interoperability are
                              restricted to OS X. We use both major OSs so this is not an Apple rant,
                              nor is it a testimonial for Microsoft - it is merely the truth.

--
                              Al Sparber - PVII
                              Extending Dreamweaver - Nav Systems | Galleries | Widgets
                              Authors: "42nd Street: Mastering the Art of CSS Design"

• 12. Re: Incompatible with Vista Aero
                                Level 7
                                abeall;
                                I also felt that the response to Ilya was uncalled for--especially the
                                rude comment on his "English". IIya's knowledgeable input here and image
                                filter work are appreciated by myself (and many others I'm sure). -Tom
                                Unger

• 13. Incompatible with Vista Aero
                                  Level 1
                                  I totally agree with Tom's observation about Ilya's knowledgeable and his contribution to user-to-user forum about image-related topic has been proven very valuable tool/resource.

That is to say, abell, you owe this person an apology. It is quite a shame that some in general public's attitude is so bad about second language people. I am like Illya's, I communicate in writing/reading using English as my second language. I know, for the fact, that some hearing individuals can't even read or write and can't do a good job very well.

It is totally off-topic, but I can relate to Illya's experience on a daily basis in the walk of life everyday... For example, I wrote down on piece of paper for my coffee drink order at Starbucks, some people there can't even read or do it right exactly what I wanted. Sometimes, when or if there is some customers waiting behind me for their order, I show the hearing person behind me my order and had them voiced my written information to the clerk because he/she can't read at all.

It is all about ingorance and attitude. Attitude is one thing. Ingorance is very ugly term. It is not my vocabary I want to use in my life. What can I do about it? Not much I can do about it and simply move on and go about my life's business.

quote:

Originally posted by: Newsgroup User
                                  abeall;
                                  I also felt that the response to Ilya was uncalled for--especially the
                                  rude comment on his "English". IIya's knowledgeable input here and image
                                  filter work are appreciated by myself (and many others I'm sure). -Tom
                                  Unger

• 14. Re: Incompatible with Vista Aero
                                    abeall Level 3
                                    I think the only one here who needs to learn better English is me! Let me try to clear this up one more time:

[jcarberry's post asking why Aero doesn't work with Fireworks 8]
                                    [Ilya post stating that Fireworks 8 was released long before Vista, so it's not a surprise it doesn't work perfectly]
                                    [boone51 says "We are thanks you for you helping post. Perhaps wait for more time with english or useful information before replying again - Thanks"]

So, then I said, in response to boone51:
                                    "Wow, I didn't have any problems understanding what he[Ilya] said. [Now I repeat Ilya's comment] Pre-Vista software doesn't work perfectly with Vista, no surprise there. [Now I add a thought of intended hope] As far as I know, Adobe is aiming to make CS3 Vista compatible."
                                    1) I wasn't attacking or responding to jcarberry
                                    2) I wasn't attacking or responding to Ilya
                                    3) I was responding to boone51, which appeared to me to be a mockery of Ilya's post
                                    4) I was stating that Ilya's post was not only a valid, accurate, and helpful reply, but I also had no problems at all understanding Ilya's English, which boone51 seemed to be mocking.

Whew.
                                    • 15. Re: Incompatible with Vista Aero
                                      Level 7
                                      i got it :)

alex

abeall wrote:
                                      > I think the only one here who needs to learn better English is me! Let me try
                                      > to clear this up one more time:
                                      >
                                      > [jcarberry's post asking why Aero doesn't work with Fireworks 8]
                                      > [Ilya post stating that Fireworks 8 was released long before Vista, so it's
                                      > not a surprise it doesn't work perfectly]
                                      > [boone51 says "We are thanks you for you helping post. Perhaps wait for more
                                      > time with english or useful information before replying again - Thanks"]
                                      >
                                      > So, then I said, in response to boone51:
                                      > "Wow, I didn't have any problems understanding what he[Ilya] said. [Now I
                                      > repeat Ilya's comment] Pre-Vista software doesn't work perfectly with Vista, no
                                      > surprise there. [Now I add a thought of intended hope] As far as I know, Adobe
                                      > is aiming to make CS3 Vista compatible."
                                      > 1) I wasn't attacking or responding to jcarberry
                                      > 2) I wasn't attacking or responding to Ilya
                                      > 3) I was responding to boone51, which appeared to me to be a mockery of Ilya's
                                      > post
                                      > 4) I was stating that Ilya's post was not only a valid, accurate, and helpful
                                      > reply, but I also had no problems at all understanding Ilya's English, which
                                      > boone51 seemed to be mocking.
                                      >
                                      > Whew.
                                      >
                                      • 16. Re: Incompatible with Vista Aero
                                        5166 Level 1
                                        I really appreciate your helpful reply Al and my faith in Adobe has been somewhat restored, at least I'm looking forward to this new release of Fireworks. It sounds like they really have some great plans for Fireworks 9.

However I am still annoyed with Adobe. I don't see why they cannot perform a simple update to their Fireworks emerging issues page. After all it's there to provide support for existing customers and there will undoubtedly be thousands of Firework users that will be visiting the support page over the next few months looking for answers relating to this compatibility issue with Vista.

Granted it's not a major issue, but it is evident and annoying. What would cost Adobe to indicate they are aware of the problem and that it will be addressed in the upcoming release of Fireworks 9?

No one is demanding they fix it, we just want a little information, and there is simply no way Adobe is unaware of the issue. I shouldn't have to search a forum or do a goggle search relating to the latest edition of a purchased product. This isn't Linux or open source freeware.

I'm sorry if I rave about this but it’s just what seems to me an, "I don't care kind of attitude" that really floors me. Is it because I'm using a Microsoft product? Because it that's the case it's a completely unprofessional. Again I apologize, but perhaps you can appreciate what I'm saying and if not I'm happy to be set straight. I do want to understand, and I don't want to think of Adobe as some software giant that could care less about its users.

Now for what is important.

I'm really confused about this CS3 thing. As I understand it Creative Studio is part of the Photoshop family and when I go to the CS3 development page there is no mention of Fireworks. So why do people keep talking about CS3? When I checked out the goggle links it would seem that the product will contain some CS features but will continue to be a separate product, but in this forum people seem to imply Fireworks will merge with Creative Studio to become one new product. I would appreciate it if you could clear up the connection between CS3 and Fireworks for me. Thanks for your time and patience.
                                        • 17. Re: Incompatible with Vista Aero
                                          Level 7
                                          Be aware that we are all just users here.

This is what Adobe says about Vista. I can confirm that Vista Ultimate
                                          seems pretty tolerant of current Adobe products....

http://www.adobe.com/support/products/pdfs/adobe_products_and_windows_vista.pdf

--
                                          Murray --- ICQ 71997575
                                          Adobe Community Expert
                                          (If you *MUST* email me, don't LAUGH when you do so!)
                                          ==================
                                          http://www.dreamweavermx-templates.com - Template Triage!
                                          http://www.projectseven.com/go - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources
                                          http://www.dwfaq.com - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources
                                          http://www.macromedia.com/support/search/ - Macromedia (MM) Technotes
                                          ==================

news:ervq07$k5s$1@forums.macromedia.com...
                                          >I really appreciate your helpful reply Al and my faith in Adobe has been
                                          > somewhat restored, at least I'm looking forward to this new release of
                                          > Fireworks. It sounds like they really have some great plans for Fireworks
                                          > 9.
                                          >
                                          > However I am still annoyed with Adobe. I don't see why they cannot perform
                                          > a
                                          > simple update to their Fireworks emerging issues page. After all it's
                                          > there to
                                          > provide support for existing customers and there will undoubtedly be
                                          > thousands
                                          > of Firework users that will be visiting the support page over the next few
                                          > months looking for answers relating to this compatibility issue with
                                          > Vista.
                                          >
                                          > Granted it's not a major issue, but it is evident and annoying. What would
                                          > cost Adobe to indicate they are aware of the problem and that it will be
                                          > addressed in the upcoming release of Fireworks 9?
                                          >
                                          > No one is demanding they fix it, we just want a little information, and
                                          > there
                                          > is simply no way Adobe is unaware of the issue. I shouldn't have to search
                                          > a
                                          > forum or do a goggle search relating to the latest edition of a purchased
                                          > product. This isn't Linux or open source freeware.
                                          >
                                          > I'm sorry if I rave about this but it?s just what seems to me an, "I don't
                                          > care kind of attitude" that really floors me. Is it because I'm using a
                                          > Microsoft product? Because it that's the case it's a completely
                                          > unprofessional.
                                          > Again I apologize, but perhaps you can appreciate what I'm saying and if
                                          > not
                                          > I'm happy to be set straight. I do want to understand, and I don't want to
                                          > think of Adobe as some software giant that could care less about its
                                          > users.
                                          >
                                          > Now for what is important.
                                          >
                                          > I'm really confused about this CS3 thing. As I understand it Creative
                                          > Studio
                                          > is part of the Photoshop family and when I go to the CS3 development page
                                          > there
                                          > is no mention of Fireworks. So why do people keep talking about CS3? When
                                          > I
                                          > checked out the goggle links it would seem that the product will contain
                                          > some
                                          > CS features but will continue to be a separate product, but in this forum
                                          > people seem to imply Fireworks will merge with Creative Studio to become
                                          > one
                                          > new product. I would appreciate it if you could clear up the connection
                                          > between
                                          > CS3 and Fireworks for me. Thanks for your time and patience.
                                          >
                                          >

• 18. Re: Incompatible with Vista Aero
                                            5166 Level 1
                                            Did you even read what I wrote? I'm well aware we are all "users," and I'm well aware that Vista, period, (not just ultimate) is pretty tolerant of Adobe products, but that's not the question is it?? I've also read the PDF file you refer to, but that doesn't answer my question either does it?

My question is why the "users" in this thread keep answering the original question about an incompatibility issue with FIREWORKS 8 by telling us CS3 is about to come out. Great, I know CS3 is about to come out but what does that exactly have to do with Fireworks? What's the connection? Are CS3 and Fireworks going to merge, that is, will Fireworks be replaced in Macromedia Studio by CS3?

The original question in this thread is NOT regarding Creative Studio it is about Fireworks and I asked in my previous post, what connection is their between CS3 and Fireworks? Why do the "users" keep mentioning it because when I go to Adobe's CS3 development page there is no mention that I can see about Fireworks and when I go to Fireworks home page I see no mention of CS3 and if they have no connection then why do people keep posting it as I reply?
                                            • 19. Re: Incompatible with Vista Aero
                                              abeall Level 3
                                              I didn't notice anyone else mention it, but on my part when I said CS3 I simply meant the next cycle of Adobe apps, which includes Fireworks. Please read:
                                              http://www.adobe.com/newsletters/edge/november2006/articles/article2/index.html?trackingid =NBWB
                                              • 20. Re: Incompatible with Vista Aero
                                                5166 Level 1
                                                Thanks for the reply. Deaf Web Designer also mentions CS3. Both of you are senior members (just "users" I know and I never thought otherwise, but you don't become a senior member for nothing.)

The fact is abeall that your link takes me out of the Adobe site again, and even the PDF file providing information on Vista compatability dosen't mention Fireworks directly. You can't even find an acknowledgement of the problem on the Adobe site, and when you come to the Forum, Senior members (no offense intended) start taking about CS3, which is part of Photoshop.

It's really annoying, because there is no way that Adobe is unaware of the problem. It's just plan unprofessional for them to turn up their noses to paying customers. All one is asking for is the simple courtesy of a little information. Are they gone to fix it or not? What is the future of Fireworks? I've got to goggle an answer. It's disgusting, and yes I know you and no one else on this Forum is to blame. But you have to admit that your answers were not inicial helpful, especially Deaf Web Design, telling me to by a Star Bucks coffee and ranting and raving about OSX. Well good for him.

And telling jcarberry that it's not surprising it doesn't work as it was released a year before Vista isn't helpful either. What do they think, he's stupied? That he doesn't realize that Fireworks came out before Vista? His question was "Any fixes or ideas?"

The only person who was really helpful was Al Sparber, and this last reply or yours. I appreciate your time and reply. I hope you can appreciate the frustration of a common everday user who can't even find the problem posted on Adobe's support page and who has to search a support forum with users going way of the topic to rant and rave about OSX and Starbucks coffee (I can't even get a Starbucks coffee in this corner of the world, even if I could afford it.)

Please, to everyone on this forum, if your really want to help (and not just show off your superior wisdom), read the question. Then you will win the gratitude of those who are searching for help.
                                                • 21. Re: Incompatible with Vista Aero
                                                  Level 7
                                                  5166 wrote:

> My question is why the "users" in this thread keep answering the original
                                                  > question about an incompatibility issue with FIREWORKS 8 by telling us CS3 is
                                                  > about to come out.

I didn't. Your original question was about whether or not Adobe would
                                                  make a patch or update available for FW 8 that would enable Vista Aero
                                                  to work with it. I repeat, there's no one here that knows.

As for the future of FW, here's an article that might be of interest.

http://www.adobe.com/newsletters/edge/november2006/articles/article2/?trackingid=NBWB

--
                                                  Linda Rathgeber [PVII] *Adobe Community Expert-Fireworks*
                                                  Fireworks Newsgroup: news://forums.projectseven.com/fireworks/
                                                  CSS Newsgroup: news://forums.projectseven.com/css/
                                                  http://www.adobe.com/communities/experts/
                                                  • 22. Re: Incompatible with Vista Aero
                                                    Level 7
                                                    abeall's link sends you to a page that is titled "A sparkling future for
                                                    Fireworks"

That is good news don't you think? It talks about the future of
                                                    fireworks being .. well, sparkling. I can also surmise that if they
                                                    don't fix the problem the future would not be so sparkling.

alex

5166 wrote:

>
                                                    > It's really annoying, because there is no way that Adobe is unaware of the
                                                    > problem. It's just plan unprofessional for them to turn up their noses to
                                                    > paying customers. All one is asking for is the simple courtesy of a little
                                                    > information. Are they gone to fix it or not? What is the future of Fireworks?
                                                    >
                                                    • 23. Incompatible with Vista Aero
                                                      Level 1

I was only trying to make some comparsion about Windows Vista and OSX -- in terms of reliability and time efficieny. If you look at "history of Windows XP" with 117,000 bug problem as opposed to OSX history. Maybe I wasn't explaining this clearly as I can, but if you had the opportunity to use OSX for couple of years along with Windows XP (and eventually Vista). If you had the opportunity, you will see a major difference. I am not going to try to change your mind. I only want to give you some known facts.

As for Starbucks Coffee suggestion, I thought it might be of an interest for you. I find that drinking coffee very comforting and relaxing for me. I am sorry to see that you find my suggestion as if insulting or something that you don't see or take it as an appreciation by suggestion or something. FYI, Starbucks offers do sell coffee online, and it delivers straight to your door, you don't have to go out and buy Starbucks. In case if you are being good with your own eyeballs looking around and compare coffee in grocery stores, you will find some of those in some grocery stores anywhere in the states. I do not care about where you live, since it is NOT my business. It is only that I just want to make a suggestion that you go out and get some fresh air the other night, because the tone of your message sound very angry or something. Being that overly angry over lousy software doesn't do any good. I was being trying to be nice and cheerful.

Please try to understand that Fireworks 8 was developed about 18 months ago (more or less). As it seems that "most" software company develops software app every 18 months. That is what is happening at Adobe's cyle of product development. Some come and go as time go.

All I was saying that Microsoft took about 5 years to trying to make the most of new, current system architecture and yet is having problems. I only want to make a comparsion with Mac OS X. In a couple of months, Apple is about to release so called OSX 10.5 (Lepoard). I am not going into that and try to win you over, because you simply don't want to hear this side of issue.

As for CS3, in case if you didn't know, I simply want to let you know that CS3 products are around the corner. Again, and again, I simply do not know when. There are some official releases from Adobe about this issue. In fact, for your information, there is some information release about Vista-related issue, I think it might be of an interest for you.

Download - How Adobe Products Support Windows Vista (PDF format)

Other than that, the question is this: why did you go ahead using Windows Vista, even though you know it is still a buggy system architecture. Please try to understand that no software app, even OS isn't perfect. However, I really think that Adobe did a pretty good darn job with quality assurance of products.

As you discovered along the way in time when software companies like MS or Adobe introducing products, it is always some hiccup problem along the way...

Finally, I thought it might be of an interest, did you know that Adobe offer "beta" program, similar to one is going on with Photoshop CS3 beta test. If you want to participate, I suggest that you might be interested to do so, do some bit of research away. Adobe would love to hear your feedback, suggestion and tips or ideas.

On other side of issue, if you complain about how lousy product you don't like, then it doesn't do any good, but whining. It doesn't help at all.

Also, for your future reference, if you have suggestion or ideas or feedback, there are feedback emails directly to Adobe product engineers. Again do bit of research yourself. I wanted to help you, but with your nasty, rude attitude insutling or accusing me of, I didn't appreciate what you said about me, or someone else either. I was only trying to help and was willing to help you with some suggestion or tips.

You had mentioned about why didn't Adobe fix the problem associated with Fireworks around June 2005. Please try to understand that around at that time, Adobe acquired formerly Macromedia. Lot of things going on going through the merger of two companies and incorporating two wonderful software companies as a one. At the time, lot of people disagreed with the idea of merger and many of us were concerned about this issue. But Adobe prove us wrong and that they do it beautifully. Although, I am sure that the effect of merger of two companies into "new" Adobe, and formerly Macromedia and "old" Adobe people work together on same page - to deliver great, professional-quality products. I commend Adobe on that and I think that they do pretty well.

Once the milestone of CS3 products being introduced (later this spring 2007) to the market, I would think that it speaks for itself. Customers like you, your friends or other participants who use Adobe products: be the judge and decide by hands-on experience.

Have a good evening and good luck with your solution around FW8.
                                                      • 24. Re: Incompatible with Vista Aero
                                                        Level 1

I thought it might be of an interest for you.

If you take a look around at Fireworks Support page, where you will find pretty much self-explanatory cues such as surveys, feedback requests, and things like that.

Fireworks Support Center

Hope that helps. Again, good luck with your solution or workaround around FW8 and Vista.
                                                        • 25. Re: Incompatible with Vista Aero
                                                          5166 Level 1
                                                          Linda, I do apologize for including you among the "users." I admit I used the term too loosely. I kept mentioning "users" because several individuals keep telling me this is a user to user forum, and I didn't want someone to turn around and tell me the same thing all over again. I should have at least limited the expression to "some users."

Thanks for the reply and putting me in my place, it's well taken.
                                                          • 26. Re: Incompatible with Vista Aero
                                                            5166 Level 1
                                                            My good friend, we're back to the old CS3 thing. I will not be testing it hands on because I do not own CS2 nor do I intend to spend 700 to purchase it. I want to know about FW9, not the milestone product CS3, unless it has something to do with directly with Fireworks.

I did not ask why Adobe hasn't fixed the problems with Fireworks in 2005, I complained they haven't updated the emerging issues page since 2005 and obviously the issue we are discussing is one that could be very easily added and there is no way they are unaware of it.

It's just a simple courtesy to let your customers know that you are aware of the issue and to inform them of whether they plan to address it or not. They can tell me there is no know work around for all I care, but when I go to a "SUPPORT" page of a product I've purchased (from Adobe by the way), and find that the page hasn't even been updated since 2005 is insulting. It's as though they we're saying, we don't care about our Fireworks customers because they are using a competitor’s product. A product from a company we bought out. They have all kinds of information on Dreamweaver but when it comes to Fireworks (competition to PS), nothing, and then when I go to their support forum (or whatever you want to call it, but Adobe calls it a "Support Forum") several senior users keep telling me about CS3, a Photoshop product, which only adds to the insult I got from Adobe's "official" support.

All a user is asking is for a little simple courtesy from Adobe (not from the users, you can call me an idiot if you like.) Is it that hard to show a little thoughtfulness to "their" new customers and build a little customer loyalty? I shouldn't have to Google the net or spend the weekend on a chat forum to find an answer to an issue they are well aware of. No one is demanding they fix it, just a little information. Why all this secrecy around FW9 (if they really are going to release it)?

I would like to join Adobe's beta program but there is nothing on Fireworks.

So good friend, I didn't find your answers helpful (though in all probability you have helped many others, as I said you don't become a senior member for nothing), and I have no intentions of running out and buying an apple computer so I can use OSX 10.5, which would wreck havoc with all kinds of software I use (and not because it's a bad OS, because I'm quite sure it's not, it's just a simple fact.) However, I did find your comment on Starbucks coffee rather humours, even if useless.

I do wish you all the best,
                                                            from your "nasty, rude and insulting" friend.

By the way I don't live in the States but am presently living in the Andean Mountain range of Peru, that's probably why I'm so angry. All kinds of coffee beans but no Starbucks
                                                            • 27. Re: Incompatible with Vista Aero
                                                              Level 7
                                                              Probably they figure that their customers will check the specifications of
                                                              the product and see that it doesn't support Vista.

Afterall if you buy a auto that only "supports" regular, would you go put
                                                              diesel in it and expect the car to work because YOU think the auto should
                                                              "support" the better/newer fuel?

Hardly. Be patient. They will probably release a new version. If you can't
                                                              wait, the buy something else. Your choice.

news:ervq07$k5s$1@forums.macromedia.com...
                                                              > However I am still annoyed with Adobe. I don't see why they cannot perform
                                                              > a
                                                              > simple update to their Fireworks emerging issues page. After all it's
                                                              > there to
                                                              > provide support for existing customers and there will undoubtedly be
                                                              > thousands
                                                              > of Firework users that will be visiting the support page over the next few
                                                              > months looking for answers relating to this compatibility issue with
                                                              > Vista.

• 28. Incompatible with Vista Aero
                                                                153351 Level 1
                                                                Having Googled this problem for possible solutions and workarounds, I'm just disappointed at the handful of miserably myopic responses to a simple, polite query from jcarberry. You know who you are.

Have you read the news? Vista is doing quite well. For a company as important and influential as Adobe, it is clearly in their very best interest to update it, and many Vista users are expecting it. This is as it should be.

To patronize with speeches about "pre-Vista software" expectations and silly, irrelevant metaphors about my car's gas and other nonsense isn't fair, and that's why we didn't get such blather from Senior Members and Community Experts.

Like jcarberry and 5166, I expect Adobe to update Fireworks to run with Aero in Vista, just as they have updated Flash and Dreamweaver for other various issues. Most users are. I trust the company will come through. I'm pleased as punch the programs run at all. Not having them run in Aero is an inconvenience, to be sure, but it isn't arresting. Nevertheless, I have confidence Adobe will update this product.

As for CS3, I say CS what? Who cares about CS3? I don't care about CS3 until I've demoed it with my teams and found it worthy of purchase. I'm not sure why this has come up at all in this thread.

Bottom line: Loyal users have a right to expect updates to software to enhance usability, compatibility, and resolve known issues. I don't doubt Adobe will continue to do so. Every good developer knows how important it is to make websites work for the greatest number of users. Vista's usage will rise and XP's will decline before CS3 comes out. Adobe knows this. And loyal users expect it.

And there's nothing wrong with that.
                                                                • 29. Re: Incompatible with Vista Aero
                                                                  Level 7
                                                                  On Wed, 28 Feb 2007 09:27:23 +0300, Machine Operator
                                                                  <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote:

> To patronize with speeches about "pre-Vista software" expectations and
                                                                  > silly,
                                                                  > irrelevant metaphors about my car's gas and other nonsense isn't fair,

I have no idea why you consider using an analogy (including car ones) and
                                                                  reminding of the way it went in previous cases as "patronizing". I tend to
                                                                  consider it as quite neutral. If you want more "tech" answer, ok, here it
                                                                  goes: when new OS adds some new calls to it, they can't be used by older
                                                                  software unless the software is rewritten. FW users like you and me cannot
                                                                  rewrite FW source code for obvious reason. That's why we cannot give any
                                                                  magic "helpful" answer except "wait until Adobe does the job".

> Like jcarberry and 5166, I expect Adobe to update Fireworks to
                                                                  > run with
                                                                  > Aero in Vista,

This is user forum. I can't see anybody positioning himself as Adobe CEO
                                                                  or at least Adobe programmer. As a result, telling *us* about your
                                                                  expectations is not going to help much. I understand that it doesn't make
                                                                  you feel better, but we can't help with problems we have no direct control
                                                                  of. Don't blame us for that.

--
                                                                  Ilya Razmanov
                                                                  http://photoshop.msk.ru - Photoshop plug-in filters
                                                                  • 30. Re: Incompatible with Vista Aero
                                                                    Level 7
                                                                    Whatever.

You have a beef with Adobe, then take it to Adobe. Contact their customer
                                                                    service, the CEO, whoever you wish. These are user to user forums. Your
                                                                    whining isn't going to be fixed by people who come here to try and assist
                                                                    people.

"Machine Operator" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
                                                                    news:es37cb$obt$1@forums.macromedia.com...
                                                                    > Having Googled this problem for possible solutions and workarounds, I'm
                                                                    > just
                                                                    > disappointed at the handful of miserably myopic responses to a simple,
                                                                    > polite
                                                                    > query from jcarberry. You know who you are.

• 31. Incompatible with Vista Aero
                                                                      153351 Level 1
                                                                      I don't have a beef with Adobe. You missed the point. Read again. I was very clear.

I have full confidence that Adobe will solve whatever issues arise with their own products. I do have a beef (in this "user to user forum") with other users who think it preposterous or whiny to expect updates to current products for major operating systems.

I know where to go to bring up beef with Adobe. And I know where to go to bring up beef with bull-headed users. Right.here.
                                                                      • 32. Re: Incompatible with Vista Aero
                                                                        Level 1
                                                                        Machine Operator,

You need to understand and try to be a bit patience with upcoming, new releases of products in matter of months from now.

Quit on blame or pointing fingers at Adobe. In other words, I am pretty sure that Adobe do not want to be other MS with lousy products with buggy, faulty and all that. Adobe is commited to provide high quality of products and services.

Please try to UNDERSTAND that the current Fireworks 8 is not supported or is not designed to work with Vista. I am pretty sure that "new" Fireworks is designed to work with Vista. Speaking of which, Adobe have to make sure that they do it right in order to work nicely and playing nicely with Vista.

All other software companies have no control over MS's painfully slow development of pre-Vista -- like five years. Adobe develop or rework existing or expanding current products to accommodate OS, not just only MS but all other OS as well.
                                                                        • 33. Re: Incompatible with Vista Aero
                                                                          5166 Level 1
                                                                          Adobe will not be releasing patches for windows vista. See the news release for yourself Information Week. As I said Macromedia was a great name in siftware until they sold out to Adobe, a software giant that could care less about it's customers, and will take out their personal conflicts with Microsoft on the poor little customer caught in between. That's real professional; no doubt such an attitude will win all kinds of customer loyality. Just wait till they treat you the same way, but no doubt they could care less, after all they're a software gaint, which unlike the little guys, can afford to step on a few customers. People accuse Microsoft of gouging will lets applaude Adobe for going the ranks of gougers, after all, they only charge a 1000 dollars for their software and then want you to fork out for the update.
                                                                          • 34. Re: Incompatible with Vista Aero
                                                                            Level 7
                                                                            yep that siftware sure is darned expensive ;)

5166 wrote:
                                                                            > Adobe will not be releasing patches for windows vista. See the news release for
                                                                            > yourself
                                                                            > http://www.informationweek.com/windows/showArticle.jhtml;jsessionid=M4R32N45WLII
                                                                            > QQSNDLPSKH0CJUNN2JVN?articleID=198001898. As I said Macromedia was a great name
                                                                            > in siftware until they sold out to Adobe, a software giant that could care less
                                                                            > about it's customers, and will take out their personal conflicts with Microsoft
                                                                            > on the poor little customer caught in between. That's real professional; no
                                                                            > doubt such an attitude will win all kinds of customer loyality. Just wait till
                                                                            > they treat you the same way, but no doubt they could care less, after all
                                                                            > they're a software gaint, which unlike the little guys, can afford to step on a
                                                                            > few customers. People accuse Microsoft of gouging will lets applaude Adobe for
                                                                            > going the ranks of gougers, after all, they only charge a 1000 dollars for
                                                                            > their software and then want you to fork out for the update.
                                                                            >
                                                                            • 35. Re: Incompatible with Vista Aero
                                                                              allstaruk
                                                                              Well I came here to try to find a solution and I think I have entered a war zone. As for Fireworks which is my prefferred program I do hope this anger will subside and we get back to supporting each other. Adobe will do what they want to do I just hope in their co-operate minds that they remember the old faithful customers.

I have just bought a new computer came with Vista Ultimate installed I also got on the 15th March as a present Adobe Web Bundle the buyer knowing nothing about Adobe's plans hope I am now not charged mega dollars to get Adobe version 3 of this software with under a weeks use of version 2.

I was going to ask a question in here about Fireworks but after spending the last 30 minutes reading all the arguing that is going on in here I think I will go to CMX ZONE site and ask there so that I do not get a angered response .

So hopefully you all will calm down and like most of us just sit at our computers and get on with what we already have and work with it.