2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 22, 2015 11:23 AM by ssprengel

How to buy the serial number of lightroom 5 only?

sakib bey

Dear Friends,

I downloaded lightroom 5 for my mac a few months ago. The trial has finished and I need to put a serial number. unfortually I couldn't find any way to get it after searching on google for millions of times.

I Don't want to use creative clouds and photoshop. I just want to use lightroom only. Please help me out!!!

By the way, I am a student and is there any way to get discount for this product?

Thanks for your kind co operation. I wish you very good luck.

• 2. Re: How to buy the serial number of lightroom 5 only?
          ssprengel Adobe Community Professional & MVP

And you’ll need to uninstall the cloud version of LR you have installed, before you’ll be able to install the serial-number-licensed LR available through the Products link.

Once you purchase a serial-number, to save time, instead of downloading and installing LR 5.2 and then having to update to the latest version of LR 5.7.1, you can just start by downloading that latest version of LR from:  http://www.adobe.com/downloads/updates/

Keep in mind that we’re up to LR 5.7.1, now, and there has never been any LR whatever.8 version, so I’d suspect LR 6 will be available soon, and so if you buy LR 5, now, you’ll need to pay more money to get an upgrade to LR 6 if you decide you want that at some point.   It could be that Adobe will make a LR x.8 and LR x.9 but the incentive is to release a new pay-for upgrade to generate more revenue from people who aren’t using the cloud version.

Currently the prices are US$150 LR-full, US$80 LR-upgrade, US$120 LR+PS/year.