9 Replies Latest reply on Feb 22, 2015 1:56 PM by A.T. Romano

A P Elements 3 no longer works with win 7

dfishead

A P Elements 3 no longer works with win 7, crashes when I click on preferences and no sound works in editor. So I want to upgrade but not seeing any dates with newer editions. Whats the oldest I can go to work with win 7 64 bit? Like maybe APE 10? Or maybe there is an update to fix 3?

• 1. Re: A P Elements 3 no longer works with win 7
          A.T. Romano Level 7

dfishead

I have Premiere Elements 4 through 13 on Windows 7 64 bit, and all are working fine.

You really do not want Premiere Elements 10 on a computer that uses a NVIDIA GeForce video card/graphics card.

And, 13/13.1 does  not support Windows XP, Windows Vista, or OSX 10.7.

Do check System Requirement as well as computer resources.

How far are you getting with the Premiere Elements 3 install on Windows 7 64 bit? Depending on the answer to that question, have you been installing the 3.0.2 Update

after the 3 install?

Adobe - Premiere Elements : For Windows : Adobe Premiere Elements 3.0.2 update

Have you right clicked the desktop icon for the program, if you got that far, and selected Run As Administrator?

When you are trying to get Premiere Elements 3 on Windows 7 64 bit, are you at least doing that by ignoring the "not compatible" messages and moving onward through

the installation dialogs as long as it will let you?

Please review and then let us know the outcome.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: A P Elements 3 no longer works with win 7
            dfishead Level 1

Thanks for your reply and info. It installs ok, I installed it last year so I can't remember the process but it installed just fine. I uninstalled and reinstalled it to see if that helped but it didn't. I tried what you said, clicked on icon to run as admin but didn't help. I tried the update you listed and rebooted but it didn't help, seemed to really make it open slow, I even tried to close program because it stalled out but then it did finish opening anyway, and still no sound and not working right.

• 3. Re: A P Elements 3 no longer works with win 7
              A.T. Romano Level 7

dfishead

I do not have 3/3.0.2 as said, but determine if the following exists in your situation

Local Disk C

Users

Owner

AppData

Roaming

Adobe

Premiere Elements

and, if you got this far, look in the 3.0 Folder for the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file and delete it. If that does not

work, then delete the whole 3.0 Folder in which the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file is expected to exist.

Make sure that your Folder Option Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives is enabled so that you can see the path cited.

You could try another uninstall/reinstall, making sure that

1. uninstall the usual Control Panel way

2. free ccleaner run through (regular cleaner and registry cleaner part)

CCleaner - PC Optimization and Cleaning - Free Download

3. reinstall with antivirus and firewall(s) disabled.

4. reinstall the 3.0.2 Update

Please let us know of your progress when you time permits.

Thank you.

ATR

• 4. Re: A P Elements 3 no longer works with win 7
                dfishead Level 1

I'm kind of afraid to mess with it anymore. I clicked on edit, sound properties I think, and it not only crashed the program but my whole computer froze up and I had to give it a hard start to bring it out of it. This is how its been and why I haven't been using it. Like if I start a new project it gets all messed up, but if I open one already started it opens ok. Its definitely not compatible with this computer. 

• 5. Re: A P Elements 3 no longer works with win 7
                  dfishead Level 1

also forgot to mention I found a list showing all the editions and which windows they are compatible with and says p8 on for win7. System requirements | Adobe Premiere Elements

• 6. Re: A P Elements 3 no longer works with win 7
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

dfishead

By any chance did your Windows 7 Professional SP1 64 bit come with the free Windows XP Mode. If it did, you could try to install 3.0/3.0.2 in this virtual operating system

and give you access to the program in both XP and 7. Even though Microsoft does not support XP any longer, if you already have Windows XP Mode, it should still work for

this purpose.

Also, if you do want to give it one more try...

Right click the desktop icon of Premiere Elements 3.0/3.0.2, select Properties, and then the Compatibility Tab. Then select another compatibility mode for the program.

Have you been there and done all that already?

Proceed only with that which you feel comfortable.

Best wishes

ATR

• 7. Re: A P Elements 3 no longer works with win 7
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

dfishead

I did not see your post numbered 5 until after I posted (post 6)...

I presently have installed on one Windows 7 Professional SP1 64 bit computer

Photoshop Elements 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, and 13

and

Premiere Elements 4, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 and 13

They all install and are presently working well with larger or small project. I run one at a time.

(And, from time to time I have uninstall and reinstall one or another for troubleshooting purposes

for another user to prove a point on one thing or another.)

For me, Premiere Elements 12 has given me major headaches on the reinstall but not so for the

other versions on that same computer.

ATR

• 8. Re: A P Elements 3 no longer works with win 7
                        dfishead Level 1

I have win home premium, that must be the difference. I am looking at buying premiere 11, I think that should work and then I can upgrade photoshop from e9 to 11 as well. Its under $50.

• 9. Re: A P Elements 3 no longer works with win 7
                          A.T. Romano Level 7

dfishead

If you want to get a look at the Premiere Elements 11 tryout before purchase from an authorized reseller, the following web site offers free tryouts. They do not sell the product from the tryout.

Photoshop Elements 11 Direct Download Links: Free Trials, Premiere | ProDesignTools

Major consideration using this tryout is that you read and carefully carry out that web site's "Note: Very Important Instructions" so that you do not get an Access Denied message.

That web site offers tryouts for 9, 10, 11, 12, and 13.

Best wishes for whatever your video editor decision is.

ATR