0 Replies Latest reply on Feb 22, 2015 8:22 PM by gregge12066954

Lightroom 5 slow to respond

gregge12066954

I am running windows 7 64 bit operating system, I have Lightroom 5, with the latest version 5.7, I see that there is a later version 5.7.1 but my when I update, it says that I have the latest update, My problem started a couple of days ago, and is. when I was in the print mod and was making templates, I finished off 1 day and went to start again the next and found that the program was not opening the tabs properly, as I clicked on a tab it would take about 8 sec to respond and then it would open, this happened in all the module drop downs and in the header tab area too, while in the print mod I was going to make adjustments to the template that I was working on, and found that when I went to highlight a cell, it would take about 8 sec to show that it had been clicked, when I went to move the cell same thing, it would not move for about the same delay. When I am in the library mod things seem to be working a lot better, this goes for the develop mod too. When I go back to the print mod things slow right up again. I have optimised the catalog checked for updates, tried to see if it was running the 64 bit or 32 bit system, the top lightroom strip above the file, edit,area shows the lightroom logo and the word lightroom only and not the 64x, the graphics card that I have is the nVidia Geforce GTX 650, version 347.52, 1920 x 1080 (60Hz). When I looked up if this was running the 64 bit by going to Dxdiag, in the search box, it shows that it is a 32bit version, I tried to change it to the 64 bit, but not sure what happened, when I went back through the same path to check it again it still showed 32. I am running 2 monitors and both seem to be on the 32 bit, even though the computers running a 64 bit operating system, Photoshop seems to be ok, and shows 64 bit and shows up in the (x86) program files area, where the lightroom shows up in program files area only, not sure what that has to do with anything, but thought it might help?? I think that Lightroom is running 64 bit, but do not know for sure? Hope this info helps, Not sure what else I can do to fix this issue, any help would be greatly appreciated. After doing a bit more checking to see if I could isolated the area I found this........Going through the layout style  drop down thing seem to be working ok in both the single image and picture package, but not in the custom package, all drop downs in both the other areas work fast but when I go to custom everything slows down again, it takes a little time to change back to the other styles but when back in those 2 styles things work well again, the custom package seems to be where the problem lies. all areas of Lightroom work as normal when the print module is left in any style other than custom, is this normal?? Sorry all of this might have been for nothing, it may just be a lightroom glitch

Thank you

Gregg Eastwood