5 Replies Latest reply on Feb 23, 2015 6:05 AM by Steve Werner

Can Linked vector logos be used in CC Libraries across invited team members?

Designer1976

Can Linked vector logos be used in CC Libraries across invited team members?

Working in a team of five designers, we currently use libraries to consolidate our many logos for multiple brands.

It would be great to utilise the CC Libraries now available in Indesign to maintain consistency across applications, however after trying, it seems linked vector files placed into a new CC Library are not linking when shared with my colleagues.

I have tried linking logos from both our internal server and my desktop and then creating a new CC Library, either way, when opened from an invited user, the logo has no link.

Only recreating a logo as an Indesign graphic will the logo populate across invited users. i,e copying and paste from illustrator to Indesign, then insert the recreated logo into a CC Library. This isn't ideal especially with the amount of logos we use. 

Alternatively, adding a logo into a CC Library from Illustrator, the logo is an imbedded file when placed into Indesign. Unsure how these files will behave when sending artwork to print. Again, this isn't ideal, opening every logo in Illustrator to add to a CC Library would be fairly time consuming given the quantity we deal with.

Does anyone have any thoughts or share the similar views on this?

Many thanks