• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Suddenly getting script error on button javascript

Explorer ,
Feb 23, 2015 Feb 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For a couple of years we have had a button object in our skin, linked to our support page with the following javascript command:

top.open('http://www.ourwebsite.com/support');

Until recently, the button has worked fine in every OS we support (Win 7, Win 8, Server 2k8, Server 2k12).

All of a sudden, however, we're seeing a strange script error when clicking the help skin button on the two server OS's (2k8 and 2k12). Both OS's are the latest, fully patched versions.

Script error.png

Any thoughts on why Windows 2k8 and 2k12 would suddenly start throwing this error?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this only occur on IE or also on other browsers?

Since JS can't start a system shutdown, I'm quite puzzled...

Kind regards,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our help is presented in a custom help shell that opens automatically in IE, so testing in other browsers isn't straightforward. Plus, the script error is a bit intermittent. I'll attempt to redirect the browser call to a different browser, by some means, and see what happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 27, 2015 Feb 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I found some info about this error message here: Unknown Error!! - Support - AutoHotkey Community  (Although it is not directly related to RoboHelp.)

According to that forum, my "translation" is that this error message has to do with Internet Explorer still running in the background but trying to shut down. (It's all in English, I just mean translating from geek-speak.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp