This content has been marked as final. Show 3 replies
Hi chazeray and welcome to the forums. Unfortunately you have discovered the joys of working with tables in RH. You can't use the WYSIWYG to copy entire rows/columns - just one cell at a time. However if you are comfortable with the HTML generated you can go into the Truecode tab and copy/paste the code there. If in doubt about doing this, take a backup of your project first so you can recover if you need to. You can highlight a row in the WYSIWYG and then do to the truecode to see the selected HTML if you need help.
Thank you for the clarification Colum. I will give the TrueCode tab a try.
The key point is to pick up everything beginning with <tr etc..... and ending with </tr>, and take care to insert all of it between a </tr> and <tr etc.....
This works well for smaller tables.
A strategy for sorting bigger tables is:
1. Make the table as simple as possible in RH (borders, padding, formatting, etc.);
2. Generate print output for the one topic, or just the table in its own topic;
3. Sort and otherwise manipulate rows and columns in Word;
4. Import the revised table into RH;
5. Strip out all the source code junk from the import (it can thwart your attempts to reformat the table);
6. Adjust table specs and formatting in RH.
Alternatively, create the table in Word and go to step 4 above.
Yes, step 5 is a pain. But I have gotten pretty proficient using FAR (or other text editor) to delete everything between <td etc. and the closing bracket to make it just <td> for every cell in the entire table. Then I have a bare-bones structure that responds to RH settings.
Admittedly, a lot of people will not find this method attractive.
By the way, chazeray, I hope your login name reflects the stuff you have to read, and not the Help files you publish. (Ho, ho, in-joke.)