1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 23, 2015 6:12 PM by johnrellis

Stacking Issues

robertn64759320

Why does stacking not seem to be available while in a collection set level with flag filtering enabled?

Why is Lightroom not automatically adding stacked copies when I edit in photoshop (I am selecting the top option the edit a copy with Lightroom edits).  This is in a collection set level as well; the edit files are available in the library but manually adding them back into the collection seems like a long way round.

• 1. Re: Stacking Issues
          johnrellis Most Valuable Participant
          Why does stacking not seem to be available while in a collection set level with flag filtering enabled?

Stacks you make while viewing All Photographs or individual folders are not visible when viewing collections, and stacks you make when viewing a collection are not visible when viewing another collection, folders, or All Photographs.  That's the way Adobe designed stacking.    Seems pretty silly to many of us, but there are likely some users who like that design.  You can provide feedback to Adobe about stacking here:

http://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/stacks_should_be_first_class_citizen s

Lightroom: Option for stacks in collections to be same as stacks in folders.

Why is Lightroom not automatically adding stacked copies when I edit in photoshop (I am selecting the top option the edit a copy with Lightroom edits).  This is in a collection set level as well; the edit files are available in the library but manually adding them back into the collection seems like a long way round.

First, make sure that the option Preferences > External Editing > Stack With Original is set.

But even with that set, the behavior of Edit In and Stacking is weird.  If you invoke Edit In while viewing a collection, the edited version will be stacked with the original in that collection and within All Photographs and the containing folder also (but not in a containing collections set). But if you invoke Edit In while viewing All Photographs or a folder, the photo will be stacked in that view but not while viewing any collections.   If you invoke Edit In while in a collection set, the photo will be stacked in All Photographs or folders only.