1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 23, 2015 2:04 PM by A.T. Romano

Multiplexing in Premiere elements 11 has failed

Lady Zeely

Hello,

After installing and uninstalling trying our Premiere Elements 13 and my Premiere Elements 11 can no longer save to my PC; error: Multiplexing has failed; please recheck the settings and try again. I am not a novice but an expert with this software and have produced at least 300 videos in the same manner in which I am trying to right now. I am using Windows 8.1; 64bit; 8 GB of ram; Intel Core i7-4800MQ CPU; all drivers have been updated including the video card the Nvidia GE Force.; will you assist me?

• 1. Re: Multiplexing in Premiere elements 11 has failed
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Lady Zeely

Please clarify...is this a problem with Premiere Elements 11 after the install and uninstall of Premiere Elements 13 tryout?

This is not Adobe. User to user. No insider information from Adobe. Whether you be an beginner or expert, I will ask questions to get the answers you may already know and which I need to know to look at your situation in an unbiased way. So, please do not take offense at the questions.

With regard to "....can no longer save to my PC..."

What specific Publish|+Share/Computer/ choice did you make and what specific preset are you selecting for the Presets field.

After you make your preset selection, are you using default settings for the preset or customizing them under the Advanced Button/Video Tab, Audio Tab, and, if

applicable, Multiplexer tab? Does your workflow typically include exporting the video and audio portions of the file separately using Multiplexer Tab settings of the export settings?

What are the properties of your source media? Is the source AVCHD.mts? If so, are these the formats from the same camera that you work will all the time in

Premiere Elements 11 without the Multiplexer error? If you are working with AVCHD.mts, does it make a difference to the problem if you rename the file extension

from .mts and .m2ts?

Is this problem restricted to one particular file or one or two files in batch of files? Does the problem remain if you open a new project?

Depending on the above,

At this point, for Premiere Elements 11, I would suggest

1. uninstall the usual Control Panel route

2. free ccleaner run through (regular cleaner and registry cleaner parts)

CCleaner - PC Optimization and Cleaning - Free Download

3. reinstall with antivirus and firewall(s) disabled.

Please review and consider and supply additional information.

Thank you.

ATR