5 Replies Latest reply on Feb 23, 2015 10:52 AM by carper123

Elements 13 now updated to camera raw 8.7

carper123

Hi, just to let you know, I managed to update Elements 13 to camera raw 8.7, with the help of ATR (on a previous thread of mine). If you check out this post and thread, it may be of assistance to someone, bearing in mind I am not very computer literate.

Cheers,

Darryl.

• 1. Re: Elements 13 now updated to camera raw 8.7
          whsprague Level 4

You have about three topics going here!

Now that you have ACR 8.7, you can use Nikon RAW images to make a slide show with Premier Elements.   RAW files are big.  Many will suggest you need to at least resize them in some other software so that Premier Elements does not get overloaded and stall.  That said, it may depend on the computer.  Mine has a fast processor and lots of memory and I've never had any trouble using RAW files. 

Another point is that, although Premier Elements uses the ACR tables to import RAW photos, the adjustment capabilities are extremely limited when compared to the Photoshop Elements ACR process or the Lightroom process.  

• 2. Re: Elements 13 now updated to camera raw 8.7
            carper123 Level 1

Hi, sorry about all the threads, no never had trouble processing my large raw files, especially with the Nikon d800 and 750, my computer copes well, yes, I agree cs6 is better for raw files but elements 13 satisfies my needs,

Cheers

Darryl☺

• 3. Re: Elements 13 now updated to camera raw 8.7
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Darryl

I just found the message about your successful update of Camera Raw 8.7, the block being the firewall. My reply is in your other thread

elements 13 wont open raw files from Nikon d750

Thank you for taking the time to share your results which are very helpful to all.

Best wishes

ATR

• 4. Re: Elements 13 now updated to camera raw 8.7
                whsprague Level 4

carper123 wrote:

Hi, sorry about all the threads, no never had trouble processing my large raw files, especially with the Nikon d800 and 750, my computer copes well, yes, I agree cs6 is better for raw files but elements 13 satisfies my needs,

Cheers

Darryl☺

I'm tempted to laugh a little here.  From your reply, I think you got results in the "wrong" forum.  There are two Elements.  One is for photos and the other is for videos.  This is the video forum.  The good news is you got what you want.

BTW, reviews of  your new 750 have been very good!

• 5. Re: Elements 13 now updated to camera raw 8.7
                  carper123 Level 1

Hi, whsprague, yes, sorry for that, just realised. It can be quite daunting trying to sort problems out on the forums, not what you would call very computer literate. lol. Anyway all resolved now and very happy, did not take me to long to get everything sorted, best part of a day. lol. It was driving me nuts. The Nikon d750 suits my needs for one reason only, the articulated screen, brilliant for my low level photography.

Cheers,

Darryl.