3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 23, 2015 3:45 PM by A.T. Romano

Adobe Elements 12 not recognizing DVD drive, Help please!!

cricketsw08

In my Adobe Elements 12 for some reason when I go to burn, it saying no burners detected. Has anyone else had this problem and if so how can it be fixed. Thank you so much in advance.

• 1. Re: Adobe Elements 12 not recognizing DVD drive, Help please!!
          A.T. Romano Level 7

cricketsw08

What computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 12 running on? Have you updated from 12 to 12.1 using an opened project's Help Menu/Update? Please do so.

Assuming a Windows compute for now.

Is this "no burner found" situation described as "it never worked before" or "it worked before but not now"?

If it has worked before, then I would ask

1. Do you have iTunes on your computer? Have you recently updated it?

If so, you might consider uninstalling both Premiere Elements 12 and iTunes, and then reinstalling only Premiere Elements 12. I would go through the scenario

1. Uninstall Premiere Elements 12 and iTunes via Control Panel

2. Do a ccleaner run through (regular and registry parts)

CCleaner - PC Optimization and Cleaning - Free Download

3. Reinstall of Premiere Elements 12 only.

We will be watching for your results.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Adobe Elements 12 not recognizing DVD drive, Help please!!
            cricketsw08 Level 1

I have 8.1, I have updated and it says everything is updated. I so have itunes but have done nothing different with it. Wait, it might have updated after my computer got fixed. I will check that out. If I uninstall my elements will I be able to put it back on my computer? I downloaded it. I do not have a CD for it.

• 3. Re: Adobe Elements 12 not recognizing DVD drive, Help please!!
              A.T. Romano Level 7

cricketsw

Do you have the downloaded installation files saved to your computer? Were they purchased from Adobe? And, do you have a purchased serial number for the program?

You can also get free tryout Premiere Elements 12 files from the following and insert your purchased serial number in them at installation.

http://prodesigntools.com/photoshop-elements-12-direct-download-links-premiere.html

Just make sure to read and carryout carefully the web site's "Note: Very important instructions" so that you avoid getting an Access Denied message.

Make sure you are OK with the details before any uninstall of Premiere Elements.

Looking forward to your results. This same approach worked for another user the other day.

Looking forward to your progress.

Thank you.

ATR