5 Replies Latest reply on Feb 24, 2015 10:14 AM by A.T. Romano

save project in 16x6 format

rickr32463246

@what setting to choose to save project in 16x9 format

• 1. Re: save project in 16x6 format
          A.T. Romano Level 7

richr

What version of Premiere Elements and on what computer operating system?

Which is it - correct in the title or in the body of the thread question - your title say 16x6 and the body says 16x9.

What are the properties of your source file and what are your requirements for the Premiere Elements export in terms of format

which includes video and audio compression, frame size, frame rate, interlaced or progressive, file extension, pixel aspect

ratio, and file size.

Please supply more information and we will help you put this together.

If any questions or need clarification, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: save project in 16x6 format
            rickr32463246 Level 1

Re Saving the project in 16 x 9 aspect ratio.  Thank you for your prompt reply and sorry for my typing error.

I’m using Premiere Elements 13 and I have two videos that I would like to join together and produce one clip.

a) 1.16 GB, length 20:29 and

b) 1.98 GB, length 34:44

Both were produced using around 95% of images and 5% videos.

I would like to retain the 16 x 9 ratio be able to show it to my Camera Club at the Seniors’ Centre and also be able to watch it on my TV in the same format.

The Premiere Element’s  “Widescreen” setting does not produce the results that I’m looking for.

Thank you again, RSR

• 3. Re: save project in 16x6 format
              A.T. Romano Level 7

rickr

Thanks for the additional information.

Please tell us the properties of your video which you have already describe for file size and duration. I am looking for

Video compression

Audio compression

Frame size

Frame rate

Interlaced or Progressive (if interlaced, upper or lower field first)

File extension

Pixel aspect ratio

All the details would point us to appropriate import/export settings, especially Frame size, Frame rate, Pixel aspect ratio.

What I need to rule in or out...

a. If you started with 4:3 source and want a 16:9 output

or

b. Complications in the selection of export settings....in this regard, could you explain when you wrote

The Premiere Element’s  “Widescreen” setting does not produce the results that I’m looking for.

Where are you making this settings - Publish+Share/Computer/then what and what are you putting in the Presets field?

Please review. If you cannot answer the above, please let me know and then we can decide how to get the information requested.

Thank you.

ATR

• 4. Re: save project in 16x6 format
                rickr32463246 Level 1

Each video  clip is made-up of mainly JPEG’s – all cropped to 16”x 9” with 72 pixels and made into individual 16x9 Slide Presentation videos in ProShow Producer.

Now, I would like to join the two (16 x 9) videos in Premiere Elements retaining the format.

• 5. Re: save project in 16x6 format
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

rickr

Bottom: With further details of the ProGold source videos that you have and definition of the equipment that you have for video viewing, we should be able to set for

16:9 import and 16:9 export as disc products or files saved to the computer hard drive. Details below are considerations needed to get the job done without detours.

Details:

How are you exporting the ProShow Producer project? From what you have written, it appears to have an aspect ratio of 16:9 and we know the file size and duration.

What is the frame size, frame rate, and file extension of what you outputted from ProShow Producer. See post 3.

Whatever the answer, we are going to start by importing those 2 videos into a Premiere Elements project, and we will let the program try to set the project settings

automatically. So, Premiere Elements 13 Expert workspace, Add Media/Files and Folders/ where the import goes to Project Assets palette from where you drag

the files to the Timeline Video 1/Audio1. Do you see any black borders around what you see in the Edit area monitor when viewing the imports there? Assuming no,

then onward.

You say that 

I would like to join the two (16 x 9) videos in Premiere Elements retaining the format.

.Based on "retaining the format" meaning you want an end product with aspect ratio 16:9, not necessary the same video, audio, file extension format as the ProShow source.

1. how are you going to play the video at the Seniors' Center...from your computer with or without projection onto a screen or using a DVD player or Blu-ray player?

a. If you want a DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc, then you want to use preset NTSC_Widescreen_Dolby DVD. That product will play on a DVD player.

b. If you want a higher resolution product, AVCHD format on DVD disc, use preset = H.264 1920 x 1080i NTSC Dolby. That product needs a Blu-ray player.

c. If you want to save your Timeline to a file saved to the computer hard drive, for now, I would suggest you look at

Publish+Share

Computer

AVCHD

with Presets = MP4 - H.264 1920 x 1080p30

Please review and consider, and then we will fine tune the information to whatever details and clarification that you supply.

ATR