1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 23, 2015 7:06 PM by John Mensinger

Object blocking master page numbers?

racheldeanne

I have an A-master for setting page numbers on a book document. I have color boxes on certain pages so I can have things like red backgrounds or picture backgrounds that I want my page numbers to be on top of. However, the boxes are blocking the page numbers, and I have already sent the objects to the back and the master page numbers to the front. It doesn't work.

Is there any way I can put the A-master on a new layer and arrange that layer to be above the rest? Nothing is working.

• 1. Re: Object blocking master page numbers?
          John Mensinger Adobe Community Professional & MVP

racheldeanne wrote:

Is there any way I can put the A-master on a new layer and arrange that layer to be above the rest? Nothing is working.

Yes, of course. Click the new layer button at the bottom of the Layers panel to make a new layer at the top of the stack. Go to your master and select the text frames containing the page numbers (or everything on the master, if desired). Then, back in the Layers panel, you'll see a little colored square at the right side of the layer with the selected objects. Drag that square up to the top layer to move the objects.