• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CS6 13 on mac OS X 10.9.5 - cannot update 13.0.6 from within Photoshop - error "Update failed - unable to write at location

New Here ,
Feb 24, 2015 Feb 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop CS6 13 on mac OS X 10.9.5 - cannot update 13.0.6 from within Photoshop - error "Update failed - unable to write at location.

Tried to change permissions but to no avail.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cannot manually update either.

Identical error message below.

Any solutions to this problem with update to CS6 (neither can update within photoshop or manually) ?

"Unable to write at location ....... Please provide write permission to this location and try again."

Screen Shot 2015-02-23 at 23.30.16.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

change your write permissions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you change write permission ?.

Need specific instructions.

Already tried instructions below for changing permission - it did not work.

Re: CS6 updates and Mac write permissions

Sorry but tried above write permission changes but same message.

Can I get Adobe help to solve this? My own searches on Adobe and google has not provided a solution.

Would Adobe staff help me?

Thank you

Screen Shot 2015-02-23 at 23.30.16.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 25, 2015 Feb 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tk93580659 I would recommend reviewing the update log file to determine the exact error preventing the update from applying.  You can find details on how to locate and interpret the installation log files at Troubleshoot with install logs | CS5, CS5.5, CS6, CC.  You are welcome to post any specific errors you discover.

You can also chat with a member of our support team directly at Contact Customer Care.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Jeff. I followed your instructions and copied some of log below. This is a selection. Can I attached a file with the full log with the message (seems to have insert image and video only) Cut and paste does not work because I guess its too large.

Any ideas of how to solve this? Thank you again

WARNING: DS012: LocalizeFile: Localized string not found for locale 'en_GB' try fetching for en_US(Seq 12)

WARNING: DS012: LocalizeFile: Localized string not found for locale 'en_GB' try fetching for en_US(Seq 2267)

Please search the above error/warning string(s) to find when the error occurred.

These errors resulted in installer Exit Code mentioned below.

[       0] Sun Feb  9 00:38:33 2014  INFO

Exit Code: 0 - No error.

Please see specific errors and warnings for troubleshooting. For example, WARNING: DS012 ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tk93580659 if I had to make a guess from the error it is that the language files have been removed.  Have you removed and reinstalled Photoshop CS6?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2015 Feb 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jeff

I have not tried uninstalling and reinstalling for fear I won't be able to reinstall. At least I now have a working Photoshop but cannot update.

I am willing to risk uninstalling and reinstalling but want to do it right.

I have a macbook so can you point me instructions for uninstalling Photoshop CS6 on mac book (OS X Version 10.9.5)

Then to reinstall - I assume I can log in to my adobe account and download the Photoshop - is this correct?

Appreciate any help.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tk93580659 you can find details uninstall instructions at Creative Cloud Help | Install, update, or uninstall apps.  The uninstallers themselves are located in the Applications/Utilities/Adobe Installers folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Jeff. I have a question about re-installing. Do you suggest downloading the Creative Cloud app, then downloading the Photoshop CS6 through Creative Cloud app, I have my serial number so I assume I can enter it after downloading.

I have access to my Adobe account which has the 2013 purchase of Photoshop CS6 under "order history" so I guess I can download Photoshop from my account - but of course it may be the same 2013 version (the same one I downloaded in 2013 which has the problem leading to me not being to update.)

Any advice about where to reinstall from would be greatly appreciated.

I have not used Creative Cloud before am not sure if this is the right way.

Thank you

Creative Cloud Help | Creative Cloud for desktop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Tk93580659 the uninstall installations are only the same. Please download the Creative Suite 6 installation files from Download CS6 products.  If you need to locate your registered serial number you can find details on how to locate it Find your serial number quickly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines