1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 14, 2007 7:48 PM by Newsgroup_User

filled mask

cpanon Level 1
      Hello
      I am a newbie so be gentle. I know what I want to achieve, just not how. I have an irregular area in a photo that I want to mask, fill the mask with a background color, then apply the mask to the original photo, flatten it and begin the design from there. I assume I should create a vector mask with the magic wand using high tolerances to be precise and progressively add them to the mask. Is that possible and how would I make the mask an object, fill it and apply it to the original in a specific or it original location? tia
        • 1. Re: filled mask
          Level 7
          cpanon,

Try this trick in FW and see if it helps you get where you are going.

Once you make your selection with the Magic Wand tool go to Select >
          Convert Marquee to Path.

You will now have a Path of the selection which can be further
          manipulated in all kinds of ways. Because it is now a path.

alex

cpanon wrote:
          > Hello
          > I am a newbie so be gentle. I know what I want to achieve, just not how. I
          > have an irregular area in a photo that I want to mask, fill the mask with a
          > background color, then apply the mask to the original photo, flatten it and
          > begin the design from there. I assume I should create a vector mask with the
          > magic wand using high tolerances to be precise and progressively add them to
          > the mask. Is that possible and how would I make the mask an object, fill it
          > and apply it to the original in a specific or it original location? tia
          >