• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't submit iOS app with custom native extension

Community Beginner ,
Feb 24, 2015 Feb 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We've been working on building our first custom ANE - the native extension works great, but when I submit to the iOS app store it gets rejected with the error:-

Invalid Signature - Make sure you have signed your application with a distribution certificate, not an ad hoc certificate or a development certificate. Verify that the code signing settings in Xcode are correct at the target level (which override any values at the project level). If you are certain your code signing settings are correct, choose "Clean All" in Xcode, delete the "build" directory in the Finder, and rebuild your release target.

When I remove the extension, the app does not get rejected so I'm sure it's not the certificate we're using to publish the app itself.  We have tried signing the ANE with a self-signed certificate, or not signing the ANE at all (as apparently signing the ANE is optional).  In either case if we submit the app with the ANE, it gets rejected with the above error.

Can anyone offer any suggestions?

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Mar 04, 2015 Mar 04, 2015

How are you building your native library, at a guess I'd say you've got something messed up in the Xcode settings. Did you create a static lib?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Feb 24, 2015 Feb 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forgive me if this is a stupid question, but have you tried signing the ANE with your Apple distribution certificate and then submitting the app?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 25, 2015 Feb 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your suggestion!  The documentation suggests that you shouldn't sign the ANE with the Apple certificate - however we tried this anyway and it still got rejected by Apple with the same error

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 26, 2015 Feb 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, no solid suggestions. Just adding a comment here because I am also working on a custom ANE and am very interested to see how you get on!

I recently had issues with 64-bit support (not using an ANE though) and wonder whether the ANE is built with 64-bit support and that is somehow triggering the error?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 04, 2015 Mar 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How are you building your native library, at a guess I'd say you've got something messed up in the Xcode settings. Did you create a static lib?

air native extensions // https://airnativeextensions.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 05, 2015 Mar 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In the end we ended up reverting to a new Xcode project, cloned from another ANE, and dumping the code in.  This time it has been accepted by Apple - still not entirely clear what caused the issue but it's working now!  Thanks all for the suggestions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines