4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 24, 2016 5:11 AM by stevee46540066

Pop-up notes on iPad

garym43935407

I can' read the pop up notes I created on draw objects in adobe XI, in the ipad app. Am I missing something or is this not a feature? Is there another app that will work?

• 1. Re: Pop-up notes on iPad
          pwillener Level 8

I assume that by "adobe XI" you mean Adobe Reader.  On what platform did you create these notes?

[topic moved to Adobe Reader for iOS forum]

• 2. Re: Pop-up notes on iPad
            garym43935407 Level 1

The documents were created with Adobe Acrobat XI Standard. I added Lines, Circles, ect. with pop up notes. With windows, whether I use the Reader or XI, these work great. But on the iPad app. they can,t be read.

• 3. Re: Pop-up notes on iPad
              MobileDeveloperCK Adobe Employee

Hi,

Here is the current status with regard to popup notes in Adobe Reader for iOS.

• Adobe Reader for iOS can display the pre-existing popup notes associated with Text Markup annotations (Highlight, Underline, Strikeout) only.  No popup notes support for other types of annotations, such as Drawing Markup annotations (Rectangle, Arrow, Circle, etc.) or Stamp annotations.
              • Adobe Reader for iOS does not provide the support for creation of new popup notes for annotations.  However, you can open and modify the contents of pre-existing popup notes (that have been added using the desktop version of Adobe Reader or Acrobat) for Text Markup annotations.

MarkupAnnotations.png

The enhancements for popup notes are on our feature ToDo list.

Thank you for the inquiry.

• 4. Re: Pop-up notes on iPad
                stevee46540066

So it's been about a year. When can we expect the feature to add Pop-up Notes to highlighted text?

This is the only feature which I feel is missing from an otherwise very usable product!