1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 24, 2015 12:19 PM by dj_paige

Moving Folders to External Hard drive

Childsplay904 Level 1

I usually use a external harddrive to store my photos.  BUT I stored several hundred on lightroom using collections/folders.  Now I want to move them to a hard drive and can get them over there by exporting but they are not in folders and they are not responding to Keyword searches.  How do I get photos to an external hard drive?  thanks

• 1. Re: Moving Folders to External Hard drive
          dj_paige Level 9

BUT I stored several hundred on lightroom using collections/folders.

I'm not sure what you mean by this, but Lightroom does not store photos. The photos are on your hard disk somewhere, in the spot where you put them originally, or in the spot where you instructed Lightroom to put them.

Now I want to move them to a hard drive and can get them over there by exporting but they are not in folders and they are not responding to Keyword searches.  How do I get photos to an external hard drive?

Exporting is not the method to use here. The method is to move the photos using your operating system and then reconnect within Lightroom as explained here : Adobe Lightroom - Find moved or missing files and folders

However, if you are saying "they are not in folders", this probably won't work and you need to explain this part of your problem in more detail, preferably with screen captures.