8 Replies Latest reply on Mar 3, 2015 9:40 PM by A.T. Romano

Premiere Elements 13.1 crashes on Acer Aspire V3 NVIDIA GPU

fearthephenom

So, I purchased this new Acer laptop because from the reviews and specs I was confident it could handle PE13. I've had nothing but problems using the program though. Not sure if it's the laptop, the program, my own limited knowledge, or a combination. Would appreciate some help.

There are some issues I'm having:

Crashing

Unable to view/render/publish clips with certain effects

Unable to play clips after adding multiple lines of text

Again, if anyone can offer some help, I'd really appreciate it. I am also posting this on the Acer forums, in hopes someone there might be able to offer some help.

Thanks.

• 1. Re: Premiere Elements 13.1 crashes on Acer Aspire V3 NVIDIA GPU
          A.T. Romano Level 7

fearthe

What computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 13 running on?

Have you updated 13 to 13.1 using an opened project's Help Menu/Update? If not, please do so.

Then the typical questions

1. Do the problems exist with and with antivirus and firewall(s) disabled? Does your computer have any extra securities programs?

2. Are you running the program as Administrator?

3. Are you working with a pen and tablet device instead of mouse?

4. Do you have the latest version of QuickTime installed on your computer with Premiere Elements 13?

5. In spite of new computer, is your video card/graphics card driver version up to date according to the web site of the

manufacturer of the card? How many video cards/graphics cards does you computer use...just 1? Are you working in a multi monitor system?

7. Are you Timeline rendering after edits, especially of titles, transitions, effects?

8. What are the properties of your source media and what project preset is being set by you (manually) or by the project (automatically)

to match the properties of the source media? See Edit Menu/Project Settings/General.

9. Please give a brief description of your computer resources - processor, clock speed, installed RAM, free hard drive space.

Please see

Adobe Premiere Elements 13 for Mac, Windows - System requirements

Let us start here and then decide what next.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Premiere Elements 13.1 crashes on Acer Aspire V3 NVIDIA GPU
            fearthephenom Level 1

Thank you for the response...

Acer Aspire V3 772g 7448, running Windows 8.1

Running Premiere Elements 13.1

1. Do the problems exist with and with antivirus and firewall(s) disabled? Does your computer have any extra securities programs?
            Yes

2. Are you running the program as Administrator?

Yes

3. Are you working with a pen and tablet device instead of mouse?

Mouse

4. Do you have the latest version of QuickTime installed on your computer with Premiere Elements 13?

Yes

5. In spite of new computer, is your video card/graphics card driver version up to date according to the web site of the

manufacturer of the card? How many video cards/graphics cards does you computer use...just 1? Are you working in a multi monitor system?

NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M, Intel HD Graphics 4600
            I found an update for my NVIDIA card, after installing it, there are no changes, the software still crashes.

Now that I've updated it, I've run into an additional problem however. Before, I was running the software with NVIDIA, but now, my system doesn't show that it runs with NVIDIA, even though it is listed as a program in my NVIDIA settings. I assume it's being used by Intel card now instead.

7. Are you Timeline rendering after edits, especially of titles, transitions, effects?
            Yes

8. What are the properties of your source media and what project preset is being set by you (manually) or by the project (automatically)

to match the properties of the source media? See Edit Menu/Project Settings/General.

Untitled-1.jpg

9. Please give a brief description of your computer resources - processor, clock speed, installed RAM, free hard drive space.

Please see

Intel i7-4712MQ 2.30 GHZ - 64-bit

8GB Installed, 7+GB Free
            800+GB Free HD space

• 3. Re: Premiere Elements 13.1 crashes on Acer Aspire V3 NVIDIA GPU
              fearthephenom Level 1

Any further help from anyone would be greatly appreciated.

• 4. Re: Premiere Elements 13.1 crashes on Acer Aspire V3 NVIDIA GPU
                A.T. Romano Level 7

fearthephenom

Thanks for the replies and further information. Sorry for the delayed response.

At this time, I think that the we should do more work on the video cards/graphics cards aspect of the issue. It seems

offer the most possibilities for now. You wrote...

NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M, Intel HD Graphics 4600
                I found an update for my NVIDIA card, after installing it, there are no changes, the software still crashes.

Now that I've updated it, I've run into an additional problem however. Before, I was running the software with NVIDIA, but now, my system doesn't show that it runs with NVIDIA, even though it is listed as a program in my NVIDIA settings. I assume it's being used by Intel card now instead.

Please give the following a try.

Can you roll back the NVIDIA card driver version in Device Manager/Display Adapters? Look at the following with the updated driver version and, if necessary, the rolled back driver version.

Delete the BadDrivers.txt file according the instructions for Windows 8.1 64 bit/Premiere Elements 13 in the following

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE: BadDrivers.Txt File Locations

We will be watching for your results. We may need to explore creating a new user account with administrative privileges and installing and trying to run

Premiere Elements 13 from there. But, let us leave that as a last resort.

Thank you.

ATR

• 5. Re: Premiere Elements 13.1 crashes on Acer Aspire V3 NVIDIA GPU
                  fearthephenom Level 1

Sorry for the late reply. The notification found itself in my Spam folder. Thanks for getting back to me....

Since my last reply, I've actually re-installed the NVIDIA update as well as uninstalled and re-installed the PE13 software. It seems to be working on the correct graphics card now. But the other problems still persist. Crashing, unable to see effects in rendered timeline....

• 6. Re: Premiere Elements 13.1 crashes on Acer Aspire V3 NVIDIA GPU
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

fearthephenom

Thanks for the follow up. It sounds like the video card/graphics card situation is under control. Good job.

Is there a pattern to when and where these crashes happen? Is it primarily related to the application of effects to video clips?

Please give more details on "unable to see effects in rendered timeline"?  Does the comment go beyond the Timeline rendering to get

the best possible preview as seen in the Edit area monitor - such as

a. If you apply a blur effect, the blur is not seen in the rendered clip to which the blur was applied?

What effects are you applying to the clips? Are the clips involved both stills and videos? What are the format of your stills and videos?

In general, what is the duration of the content when most of these crashes occur? Do you have similar problem when you are placing

transitions and adding titles?

Have you tried to optimize the computer with a free program such as ccleaner?

Please review and consider.

Thank you.

ATR

• 7. Re: Premiere Elements 13.1 crashes on Acer Aspire V3 NVIDIA GPU
                      fearthephenom Level 1

There doesn't really seem to be a pattern to the crashes, and it doesn't seem to be exclusive to the adding of effects. I've been playing around with it, just messing around trying to see what, if anything, would trigger it. It seems to work fine right now and for a while, and other times it seems to happen right away. I'm so sorry, I should have mentioned that since I re-installed, I haven't updated to 13.1.

Actually, it does seem to mess up mostly when it comes to the blurs and "earthquake" effects. On a video, the earthquake seems to work. On the photos it doesn't. The only way I can get it to work on the photo is if I add a line of text. But then, adding an additional line of text, to get the desired effect I wanted, the program crashes.

I've used my Norton program multiple times to get clean out the computer. But it's brand new, so there isn't much to really clear out.

• 8. Re: Premiere Elements 13.1 crashes on Acer Aspire V3 NVIDIA GPU
                        A.T. Romano Level 7

fearthephenom

Thanks for the update.

When you talk about adding multiple line of text, what are you doing?

Still image on Video Track 1 and adding a title from the Titler (one or more lines of text) to Video Track 2 directly above the still on Video Track 1?

There is no motion in a still. I am not seeing how you are creating an Earthquake effect in a still with or without text (one or more than one line of text).

If you keyframe say the Scale of the Still and then apply Earthquake, you will get an Earthquake effect for the still.

If you apply Text Animation to text in the Titler, close the Titler, and apply Earthquake to the title file, you get an Earthquake effect for the text.

ATR