2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 24, 2015 7:30 PM by A.T. Romano

Adobe premiere elements 13 has stopped working message

senseimike121299

Every time I open adobe premiere elements 13 and download any form of media, in about every 2-3 minutes when i'm editing my video, A message will come up stating that "Adobe Premiere Elements 13 has stopped working." It forces me to close the application. I went to a computer expert and he said that my computer meets all the requirements of the software and even exceeds some of them since it's only 2 years old. Why does this keep on happening to me and how do I fix it?

• 1. Re: Adobe premiere elements 13 has stopped working message
          senseimike121299 Level 1

Also, I forgot to mention that my computer is only 2 years old, new, and is an Acer Aspire E1 - 572 - 6870. Please Help me cause I'm not a fan of Microsoft movie maker and I have a school project to do, which I'd rather use Adobe for to complete.

• 2. Re: Adobe premiere elements 13 has stopped working message
            A.T. Romano Level 7

senseimike

Premiere Elements 13 on what computer operating system?

Have you updated 13 to 13.1 using an opened project's Help Menu/Update? If not, please do so.

Now the usual drill questions...

1. Do the problems exist with and without the antivirus and firewall(s) disabled?

2. Are you running the program as Administrator?

3. Are you using a pen and tablet device instead of a mouse?

4. Is your video card/graphics card up to date according to the web site of the manufacturer of the card. According

to the Device Manager/Display Adapters, how many video cards/graphics cards is your computer using? Are you running

a multi- monitor system?

5. Is the latest version of QuickTime installed on your computer along with Premiere Elements 13/13.1?

6. What are the properties of your source media including file extension and duration? Knowing brand/model/settings of the camera that

recorded the videos is probably the quickest way to get at that needed information. What project preset are you (manually) or the project

(automatically) setting?

7. What specific edits are you doing in the project when the program crashes/shuts down? Is there any consistency to the "stopped working"?

You talk about every 2 or 3 minutes in the workflow. But what is the size of the project by the time the problems set in....2 or 3 minutes

from the time you started the project or 2 or 3 minutes after you have been working on the project for 10 to 90 minutes?

Please review and consider the above, and then we will decide what next.

Thank you.

ATR