2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 25, 2015 9:11 AM by cehilton46

Images not opening for edits in Photoshop from Lightroom all software is updated

cehilton46

I am working on  a MacBook Pro and today after making basic edits in Lightroom 5.+ the images won't then open in Photoshop to edit there.

Any help would be appreciated

Charles

• 1. Re: Images not opening for edits in Photoshop from Lightroom all software is updated
          Geoff the kiwi Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Please provide more details: your OS, Lightroom version, Photoshop version and exactly the steps you take and what happens...

Thanks.

• 2. Re: Images not opening for edits in Photoshop from Lightroom all software is updated
            cehilton46 Level 1

Geoff, I am using the very latest CC version of Lightroom 5.7 and Photoshop v 2014.2.2 running in 64bit mode, on a MacBook Pro with Mountain Lion OS 10.8.5. I used it yesterday morning and things worked fine but in the afternoon, I created a new catalog for a project I was working on. The first image everything worked as normal. I mad some basic White Balance corrections, along with contrast adjustments then take the images into Photoshop to remove the backgrounds but going to the menu item Edit in Photosho. If photoshop is down, it opens the software but the images don't transfer into Photoshop to work on. I rebooted Lightroom and Photoshop a couple of times with no effect still the same problem. I rebooted the computer twice and still no changes in the way it was responding. This morning as I begin to write this, I opened Lightroom and now even the catalog is missing along with most of the ones I have created. I did open an old one and it now works as it should so I will try to recreate the project from yesterday but it is now saying that Lightroom can't save to that Hard drive.  I will reboot the external hard drive now to see if that will solve that problem. This has happened in the past when using Photoshop when I am trying to save an image but never like this? Most of the time rebooting will solve that kind of issue so I will try that now. Just not sure what might be causing that to happen either?

Thank you for your help,
            Charles