• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I downloaded the English version of CS6 (Web & Design).

Feb 25, 2015 Feb 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1st file was DesignWebPremium_CS6_LS16.7z. 2 file was DesignWebPremium CS6_LS16. I ran the 2nd file and a adobe CS6 folder appeared on desktop with Set up inside. What I am supposed to do with this. And Do I unzip the 1st file using 7zip? Also when do I input the serial no? Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 25, 2015 Feb 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try executing the second file.  You should be prompted to provide the serial number as part of the installation process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Feb 27, 2015 Feb 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Ned and Jeff. I followed your instruction. I ran the set up program in the second file and installed all the program. It did work. But what is thefirst zipped file ( DesignWebPremium_CS6_LS16.7z) for? I didn't do anything about this, didn't unzip this. This file is much larger than the second file with the set up program. Is installation complete now? Also what is the difference between Photoshop, and Illustrator 64 bit and Photoshop, and Illustrator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 27, 2015 Feb 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The 7z file contains everything that the installer needs; it will extract the data it needs by itself.

The 64-bit software is intended to run on 64-bit systems, taking advantage of memory beyond 4GB that 32-bit software cannot use.

The one disadvantage i know of 64-bit Photoshop is that it cannot use scanner software, which is still mostly 32-bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 28, 2015 Feb 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks. But your info is a bit too technical for me. As a beginner, should I use Photoshop and other CS6 software(64bit) or the normal software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines