1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 15, 2007 6:56 AM by Newsgroup_User

Using the Lasso

Edgardo_Santiago
      hay all! I have a question. I want to change the background of an image to transparent but leave the person the way it is, then create a new layer with the same image with the transparent background and have a drop shadow on the person. My question is, how can I use the lasso to trace a line around the person. I have about 15 pics that I have to do the same way? thanks
        • 1. Re: Image Cropping
          Level 7
          Edgardo,

In my experience each image presents a different challenge. So depending
          on what I am going to cut out I will use different techniques. I don't
          think there is a quick and dirty way to do what you want.

If there are large areas of color the Magic Wand will quicken the
          process. The Polygon Lasso tool will help you add and remove selection
          sections.

Using Select > Convert Marquee to Path will become your best friend for
          this task. Paths can be changed with ease to fit the figures better.

But there will be some work involved.

Stephane has a great tutorial at:

http://pixelyzed.com/pixelforge/removebackgrounds/

alex

Edgardo Santiago wrote:
          > hay all! I have a question. I want to change the background of an image to
          > transparent but leave the person the way it is, then create a new layer with
          > the same image with the transparent background and have a drop shadow on the
          > person. My question is, how can I change the background to transparent without
          > tracking a erase line around the person. I have about 15 pics that I have to do
          > the same with and that way is going to take a long time which I don't have.
          > thanks
          >