6 Replies Latest reply on Mar 2, 2015 9:12 AM by jperumal

Premier Elements 12 - resizing

jperumal

Is it necessary to resize premier elements 12 each time i open the program?

Is there something one can do so that it remain the way one wants to work with it

• 1. Re: Premier Elements 12 - resizing
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

You can always set it to full screen with a single click.

Otherwise, various operating systems automatically launch the program at various sizes. What operating system are you using?

• 2. Re: Premier Elements 12 - resizing
            A.T. Romano Level 7

jperurnal

Please clarify. I get the impression that you are not talking about previewing sizing, such as full screen and the like.

I suspect that you are referring to default project presets....

In the case of Premiere Elements earlier than 11, the default project preset is NTSC DV Standard (if you are setup for NTSC) and

PAL DV Standard (if you are set up for PAL).

Now with Premiere Elements 11, 12/12.1, 13/13.1, the default project preset is NTSC AVCHD Full HD1080i30 (for NTSC setup) and PAL

AVCHD Full HD1080i25 (for PAL setup).

There is no way that I have ever heard of to change the Adobe default project preset and have the newly user created project remain project after project after project. These new project all start with the Adobe default and does not change until you or the project change it if necessary. The project is supposed to set the right project preset automatically based on the properties of the first drag to the Timeline. If the project does not do it right automatically, then you need to set the project preset manually before you import your source. File Menu/New/Project.

If you have any questions on this, please let us know. If I have misinterpreted what I thought I read into your question, please excuse.

Thank you.

ATR

• 3. Re: Premier Elements 12 - resizing
              jperumal Level 1

Thanks for replying

I am using windows seven - after I launch the program I resize the window (I like working with small windows). on completion of editing I close off expecting when I reopen/launch the program, for the window to open on the size I closed it off with. this does not happen - I have to resize the window again. Its irritating.

Is there a way I can prevent this

• 4. Re: Premier Elements 12 - resizing
                jperumal Level 1

Thanks for replying

My question is with regard to the size of the window when Premier elements is launched (full screen). I re size it  and expect it to open at that size when I re-launch the program - does not happen, (it always open full screen) is there a way for me to have this program launch at maybe a half a screen,

Thanks

• 5. Re: Premier Elements 12 - resizing
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

jperurnal

Thanks for the reply with verification on what you would like to achieve with regard to resizing.

I now fully understand your intent. Even if you ignore the new project to new project and focus on saving/closing a project with a downsized window, when that project is

reopened, I consistently find that it will reopen to the max window and not the downsized window which was seen at the save close of the project. I have found no

way to overcome that situation.

There also has been a similar problem with the dual monitor set up and the reopened project loss of memory of the dual monitor view that had existed before the project save close.

ATR

Add On...I have seen this on Windows 7 or 8.1 64 bit.

• 6. Re: Premier Elements 12 - resizing
                    jperumal Level 1

Thanks'

will have to resize each time I launch the program as there are no other alternatives