7 Replies Latest reply on Jan 23, 2016 3:54 PM by Jess Schutz

Eye dropper tool

maggieb06

Please change back the eye dropper tool to formatt text styles

• 1. Re: Eye dropper tool
          Steve Werner Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Double-click on the Eyedropper tool and you should see the settings.

• 2. Re: Eye dropper tool
            maggieb06 Level 1

Does not work. When I double click the eye dropper tool, it does not display options for text formatting. Only applies to color. How do  change back to original eye drop for text format only.

Thanks,

mb

• 3. Re: Eye dropper tool
              maggieb06 Level 1

I have and does not have options to change back for formatting.

• 4. Re: Eye dropper tool

You should be using Character Styles and Paragraph Styles to do your font formatting. Then you can re-open the styles you create and edit them as you wish. The results will immediately apply to all text formatted with those styles. This is a much more flexible and efficient way of working.

• 5. Re: Eye dropper tool
                  maggieb06 Level 1

I use the character styles and paragraph styles, but had used the eye drop tool for quick formatting change. Not use to the recent change on eye dropper for colors. Is there a way to default back to original eye drop tool?

• 6. Re: Eye dropper tool

Sorry, but I don't think that's a particularly good workflow. Using the Eyedropper probably just adds local formatting on top of the character and paragraph styles.

I think you can double-click on the Eyedropper tool and uncheck any of the Character or Paragraph settings and they won't be applied.

To be honest, I rarely use the Eyedropper tool. It seems pretty klutzy to me.

• 7. Re: Eye dropper tool
                      Jess Schutz

Steve, In fact in early design process it's easier to iterate through many more text options and styles without going into formatting and only going through formatting once you've found the settings you like. The eye dropper makes it possible to very quickly apply styles on a spread or two. 

I am a user for over 10 years the eyedropper for picking up quickly and applying text attributes and styles is invaluable and just now I have lost about an hour of my time trying to resolve this problem as it is a function I use all of the time.