10 Replies Latest reply on Feb 27, 2015 11:17 AM by Txuf Branched from an earlier discussion. Branched to a new discussion.

After Effects crashes

Txuf

Hi,

My problem is not exactly the same, because I can run After Effects, but then it crash. The Report that pops up when it crash is the same that nickburlet showed in his first thread. But I haven´t got that Input Managers Folder you mention, and I also haven´t got anything called Adblock or Coloriris, so I can´t fix the problem. What can I do?

• 1. Re: After Effects crashes
          Jeff A Wright Adobe Employee

Branching this to a separate discussion.

Txuf the discussion you responded to was regarding the Creative Cloud Desktop application crashing on launch.  You indicated that After Effects is crashing on launch.  The community in this forum may have suggestions on how to launch After Effects successfully.

• 2. Re: After Effects crashes
            Txuf Level 1

Thank you Jeff. This is the only discussion I found with this subject searching in google, that´s why I responded here. Thanks for the help

• 3. Re: After Effects crashes
              Todd_Kopriva Level 8

We need to know a lot more to help you. Please provide answers to the questions listed here: "FAQ: What information should I provide when asking a question on this forum?"

• 4. Re: After Effects crashes
                Txuf Level 1

Hi, this is the report that appears to me

• After Effects CC (12.2.1)
                • Have you installed the recent updates? yes
                • What operating system? Yosemite
                • If you are getting error message(s), what is the full text of the error message(s)? I lost the report, but the message says

Exception Type:  EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)

Exception Codes: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS

What were you doing when the problem occurred? I was making a color grading with magic bullet looks.

HARDWARE INFORMATION: IMAC 27´, Intel Core I5, 3,4 ghz proccesor (one proccesor), 32 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780, (VRAM (total): 4096 MB),

I´m sorry I can´t explain myself better but my english is not as perfect as I wish to write correctly all the information

• 5. Re: After Effects crashes
                  Todd_Kopriva Level 8

If you're experiencing this crash only when applying the Red Giant Magic Bullet Looks effect, then you need to contact Red Giant for technical support with this issue.

Also, why are you not using the current version of After Effects (13.2)?

1 person found this helpful
                  • 6. Re: After Effects crashes
                    Txuf Level 1

Actually I´m using the 13.2 version, I just check it in the preferences. I thought 12.2.1 was the latest version. Sorry.

• 7. Re: After Effects crashes
                      Txuf Level 1

Excuse me Todd, is there any option to talk with a spanish-speaking agent. I have many problems, not only with AE, and it´s very difficult to me to explain myself in english. Thanks

• 8. Re: After Effects crashes
                        Todd_Kopriva Level 8
                        1 person found this helpful
                        • 9. Re: After Effects crashes
                          Txuf Level 1

It doesn´t work in spanish. Though I realized something. I recently bought a plugin called Filmconvert, and looking in his settings, there is one called Render Options, It was set as "render with GPU". My GPU is not approved by adobe (in fact, the program renders in CPU). Could it be a reason for crashing?

• 10. Re: After Effects crashes
                            Jeff A Wright Adobe Employee

Txuf the language support varies by region.  Please make sure that http://www.adobe.com/ is set for the region/country/language you are located in.  Our chat support agents also have built-in language translation within the chat session.

Finally as an alternative you may want to have a local friend or colleague who maybe able to assist with the translation.  You could have them available during your next direct interaction with our support team at Contact Customer Care.