4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 26, 2015 9:21 AM by Pulfnick

How can I get Premier Elements 13 to recognize Photoshop Elements 11?

Pulfnick Level 1

I already had Adobe Photoshop Elements 11 and just purchased Premier Elements 13. I want to use Photoshop to improve photos I import into Premier Elements.  A right click gets me to a menu that should let me use Photoshop, but when I click that I'm asked if I want to buy Photoshop.  Premier Elements isn't recognizing my Photoshop.  How can I solve the problem?   I tried to post this earlier but can't find it now so my apologies if I'm duplicating the question.

• 1. Re: How can I get Premier Elements 13 to recognize Photoshop Elements 11?
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Premiere Elements and Photoshop Elements will only pass files between  each other if they're both the same version.

However, you can manually edit your photos in Photo Elements, save them as JPEGs or PSDs and then  import them into Premiere Elements. If your photo file is already in your Premiere Elements project, it will update automatically once you save it with changes.

• 2. Re: How can I get Premier Elements 13 to recognize Photoshop Elements 11?
            A.T. Romano Level 7

Pulfnick

Not sure if the following is too much of a stretch on what you really can and cannot get in the way of integration between Photoshop Elements11 and Premiere Elements 13, but...

Are you putting all your edited photos as thumbnails in the Elements Organizer 11? And, do you have a fairly large build up of edited images

there that you would like to use in Elements Organizer 13/13.1? If so, have you considered catalog conversion? Basically you can convert the Elements Organizer 11 catalog in Elements Organizer 13/13.1 (using 13/13.1's File Menu/Manage Catalogs/Catalog Manager and the Convert option).

The result is that you have the Elements Organizer 11 catalog in Elements Organizer 13/13.1. And, at the same time, the 11 catalog remains unchanged in content back in its Elements Organizer 11.

But, when you add to the Elements Organizer 11 afterwards, I have found that those additions are not reflected in its converted version in Elements Organizer 13/13.1. And, any changes

in the 11 catalog in 13/13.1 are not reflected in Elements Organizer 11 catalog. Sort of a one time perk? Be aware, if you are an Elements Organizer slideshow user, the Elements Organizer 11 and 13/13.1 slideshows are markedly different. Elements Organizer 13/13.1 will accept 11's Slideshow Project in the conversion process but will force you to change the slideshow format to its new kind - which has its pros and cons.

ATR

• 3. Re: How can I get Premier Elements 13 to recognize Photoshop Elements 11?
              Pulfnick Level 1

Thanks very  much!   Fortunately, my problem is just an inconvenience, not critical, and I'll be able to work around it.

• 4. Re: How can I get Premier Elements 13 to recognize Photoshop Elements 11?
                Pulfnick Level 1

Thanks very much for your reply.  The issue I was trying to address is more using Photoshop to edit photos I'd added directly to Premier Elements.  I do have a lot of photos in Photoshop, but routinely save edited photos elsewhere, from where I can add them directly to Premier Elements.