15 Replies Latest reply on Mar 1, 2015 3:04 PM by A.T. Romano

Im burning a DVD and keep getting the error code

janellew38

How do I fix this error code plugincoder error: no plugin DLLs so that my DVD will burn.

• 1. Re: Im burning a DVD and keep getting the error code
          A.T. Romano Level 7

janelew

What version of Premiere Elements and on what computer operating system is it running?

This could be an easy fix or be more complicated. Let us see.

I am assuming for now that you have version 13. If so, have you updated 13 to 13.1 using an opened project's Help Menu/Update? If not, please do so. Does the issue

disappear? If not....

Next, go to Edit Menu/Preferences/General and look for the preference that reads "Use Hardware Acceleration (works on Intel HD Graphics 2000 and higher).

Then determine if the no plugin DLL error exists with or without it enabled.

If you do not have Premiere Elements 13/13.1, then we will decide what next based on another troubleshooting plan.

Looking forward to your follow up.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Im burning a DVD and keep getting the error code
            janellew38 Level 1

I do have 13.  I updated to 13.1 and it fixed the error that I had before but now it says DVD burn interrupted, something is preventing a successful DVD burn.  Can you please help me with this.

Thank You,

Janelle

• 3. Re: Im burning a DVD and keep getting the error code
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Janelle

Thanks for the reply. Glad the no plug-in.dll is gone.

When is the DVD burn interrupted...if you watch the burn to progress bar...from Encoding Media, to Compiling Media, to Burning Disc...where is the stop?

Is your project using a disc menu and Timeline menu markers? If so, please make sure that there are a few frames between the Timeline menu marker so that

a marker is not sitting on another. Also, make sure that you do not have stop marker placed at the end of the last item on the Timeline. Also in the disc

menu customization area of the program, make sure that none of the buttons on the main menu and scene selection page are not too close together (warning

sign is red frame around overlapping buttons.

In the Edit area of the program, press the End key of the computer keyboard and determine if the Timeline Indicator stops at the end of the last item on

the Timeline. If the Timeline Indicator stops beyond the last item, then you have fragments at the spot where it stopped. If that is the case, delete the fragments.

(Use the -+ slider above the Timeline to expand the Timeline to get the best view of what you have or do not have)/

Also, when you are in the burn dialog with DVD in burner tray and are about to hit the Burn button, what does the burn dialog's Quality area show for

Space Required and Bitrate?

Let us start here and then decide on what next based on your reply details.

Thank you.

ATR

• 4. Re: Im burning a DVD and keep getting the error code
                janellew38 Level 1

The DVD burning interrupted is at the burning disc.  It compiles fine and I can even burn it to a file just fine.  I am not sure if I am using a disc menu and or timeline menu.  I made the Movie on movie maker and uploaded it into premier.  I am using the main menu from premier but it seems fine.  There is nothing at the end of the movie, when I push the end button it goes to the end and that is it.  Before I hit the burn button the burn dialog's quality area is set for fit content to available space.

Janelle

• 5. Re: Im burning a DVD and keep getting the error code
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Janelle

It is late where I am but I wanted you to know I saw your latest message (post 38). I will work on this later in the morning.

For now....in the burn dialog, what values do you see for Space Required and Bitrate?

If you are not having any problems with the project's save close reopen, then save and close the project. Shutdown and

restart the computer, and then reopened the project and determine if any of that impacted the problem.

Thanks.

ATR

• 6. Re: Im burning a DVD and keep getting the error code
                    janellew38 Level 1

No problem I am just glad that you are helping me.  The space required says 2.05 GB (Bitrate 8.00 Mbps).  I will shut down and try again in the morning.

Thank You again for your help.

Janelle

• 7. Re: Im burning a DVD and keep getting the error code
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

Janelle

Hope there has been progress, but if not then let us do the following to determine if the core of the issue is in the burner or in Premiere Elements.

To do that, when you get to Publish+Share/Disc/DVD disc, in the burn dialog select Folder (4.7 GB) instead of disc. That will put a folder at the

hard drive save location that you designate in the burn dialog. In the saved folder are two folders, one named OpenDVD and the other named VIDEO_TS.

Do you get those folders generated successfully? If you do, the problem is not the burner. If you were in a time crunch to get the DVD-VIDEO on DVD

disc out, you could take the VIDEO_TS Folder (only it) into a free program named ImgBurn which takes the VIDEO_TS to DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc.

How to burn a DVD Folder with ImgBurn - AfterDawn: Guides

Just make your choices carefully in the download and install of the program so that you do not pick up any unwanted baggage that might come along

with the free program.

We will be watching for your results when your schedule permits.

Best wishes.

ATR

• 8. Re: Im burning a DVD and keep getting the error code
                        janellew38 Level 1

I tried to burn to a folder and when it is finished it says the files have been burned successfully to the folder but then I go to find the folder and it doesn't exist.  I search the computer for the file name and it says no files exists.  What does this mean.

• 9. Re: Im burning a DVD and keep getting the error code
                          A.T. Romano Level 7

janelle

Thanks for the reply.

In the burn dialog, before you hit burn button for the Burn To: Folder (4.7 GB), what was the specific text in the Folder Location field.

FolderLocation.JPG

ATR

• 10. Re: Im burning a DVD and keep getting the error code
                            janellew38 Level 1

Here is what the screen shows before I hit the burn button to burn to a folder.  I usually change the folder name to a name that I can find easier.

• 11. Re: Im burning a DVD and keep getting the error code
                              A.T. Romano Level 7

janellew

Please confirm...Besides, doing a Search for the folder using the computer's Search function....

When you went to Libraries/Documents/, you did not find the folder with your personalized Folder Name?

I did not think that the burn to folder folder was a hidden folder but I checked nonetheless. I did not find it to be a hidden folder so

the Folder Option Show Hidden, Files, Folders, and Drivers is apparently not a factor in you not finding the saved folder from burn to folder process.

In Edit Menu/Preferences/General, there is a preference that relates to Hardware Acceleration and Intel HD Graphics 2000 and higher. Determine

if it make a difference if that preference has or has not a check mark next to it.

If we have not already, let us delete the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file, and, if necessary, the whole 13 Folder in which it exists.

Local Disk C

Users

Owner

AppData

Roaming

Adobe

Premiere Elements

and in the 13.0 Folder is the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file that you delete. And, if necessary, delete the whole 13.0 Folder in which the Adobe Premiere

Elements Prefs file exists. Now this one involves hidden folders. So, be sure to enable the Folder Option "Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives".

Let us determine if any of the above has any impact on the situation.

You do have the latest version of QuickTime installed on your computer with Premiere Elements 13/13.1...is that correct?

ATR

• 12. Re: Im burning a DVD and keep getting the error code
                                janellew38 Level 1

changing the Acceleration and intel graphics 2000 and higher did not change anything.  I did not have quicktime on my computer so I am downloading it now.  Did not know that I needed this.  Should I still go through and delete the adobe premiere elements prrefs file still.

Janelle

• 13. Re: Im burning a DVD and keep getting the error code
                                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Janellew

You need QuickTime, so hold off deleting the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file and, if necessary, the whole 13.0 Folder in which it exists until we see the results

from installing QuickTime (latest version).

Best wishes

ATR

• 14. Re: Im burning a DVD and keep getting the error code
                                    janellew38 Level 1

After downloading the quick time I tried burning the disk and it worked perfectly.  I guess I just needed quick time.  Thank You for all your help and your patience.

Janelle

• 15. Re: Im burning a DVD and keep getting the error code
                                      A.T. Romano Level 7

Janelle

Wonderful news about the QuickTime install being the key for the solution.

Thanks for staying with the troubleshooting and sorting through the troubleshooting details. Great job. Glad to have been of assistance.

Best wishes

ATR