8 Replies Latest reply on Apr 26, 2016 6:57 AM by sdancer75

How to launch Robohelp generated WebHelp from C++ application?

marleens88897412 Level 1

Hi all,

Right now I'm using a trial version of Robohelp 11, because we want to redo our programs offline help. I'm a developer and trying to launch the Robohelp with the API from our C++ MFC application.

Steps I've taken:

Add the RoboHelp_CSH.cpp to the project
      Add the RoboHelp_CSH.h to the project

Disabled the precompiled headers for the RoboHelp_CSH.cpp

Added the Psapi.lib, wininet.lib and Htmlhelp.lib to the Linker Input

Added the #include "RoboHelp_CSH.h" to my project

Generated a webhelp project using the Robohelp 11 trial program

My OS is Windows 7 Professional 64-bit, done all updates. My default browser is Google Chrome, latest version.

The thing is, my program compiles, but never launches a page. I have tried all kinds of things in my program, listing a few below. The result of the RH_ShowHelp() is always 1.

int i = RH_ShowHelp(0, "C:/Users/username/Desktop/Controller/index.htm#<str=controller.html>>newwnd=false", HH_HELP_CONTEXT, 0);

int i = RH_ShowHelp(0, "C:/Users/username/Desktop/Controller/index.htm#<str=controller.html", HH_HELP_CONTEXT, 0);

int i = RH_ShowHelp(0, "C:/Users/username/Desktop/Controller/index.htm", HH_HELP_CONTEXT, 0);

int i = RH_ShowHelp(0, "C:/Users/username/Desktop/Controller/index.htm#controller.html", HH_HELP_CONTEXT, 0);

int i = RH_ShowHelp(0, "C:/Users/username/Desktop/Controller/index.htm#controller", HH_HELP_CONTEXT, 0);

int i = RH_ShowHelp(0, "Controller/index.htm#controller.html", HH_HELP_CONTEXT, 0);                                                                 (with the generated Webhelp folder in the executable folder)

int i = RH_ShowHelp(0, "Controller/index.htm#<controller.html", HH_HELP_CONTEXT, 0);                                                               (with the generated Webhelp folder in the executable folder)

int i = RH_ShowHelp(0, "Controller/index.htm", HH_HELP_CONTEXT, 0);                                                                                       (with the generated Webhelp folder in the executable folder)

What am I doing wrong?

(If more information is needed for an answer please say so, I'll gladly provide more info to get this to work.)

- Marleen