• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing browse sequences

New Here ,
Feb 26, 2015 Feb 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have encountered a curious (to me at least) problem with an old RoboHelp HTML project which uses browse sequences. When I open the old CHM (which dates from 2007) in my PC, I can't see the browse sequences. I have checked my PC (which uses 64-bit Windows 7) and I have HHActiveX.dll files in both the System32 and SysWOW64 folders which I have registered using the regsvr command. However, the problem persists. Another PC with 32 bit software shows the sequences just fine. I have now upgraded the project using RoboHelp 10 (not sure which earlier version it was built on) but I still can't see the browse sequences in the output, and now they don't appear in the 32-bit system either. I have the browse sequences option clicked in the Window properties dialog for the CHM generation, and the sequences are still intact in the project as far as I can see. I'm not sure whether the problem is a display issue to do with the DLL or something about the way the CHM is being built - or both!

All advice gratefully received.

Robert

I have made some progress using the HHActiveX file that was supplied with my version of RoboHelp. Now I can generate the chm within RoboHelp which shows the browse sequences correctly. However, if I attempt to open this chm from outside RoboHelp, the browse sequences are once again missing. And if I re-generate the chm it doesn't seem to overwrite the current file. Does anyone know what is going on?

Message was edited by: Robert Pallant

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?