3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 26, 2015 12:09 PM by A.T. Romano

How do i get my video to be fullscreen on dvd.

powellproductions

I recently DL adobe element 13, no problem loading video or editing.  Problem occurs when I attempt to burn a dvd; the preview is fine but when I burn dvd it make a black frame around my video And looks like aspect ratio is affected. I have tried setting it to widescreen and regular and HD 720. I need to have these dvds made by friday the 27th ,When i burned clips straight 5o maker, the video comes out fine And FULLSCREEN.

Suggestions thanks

• 1. Re: How do i get my video to be fullscreen on dvd.
          A.T. Romano Level 7

powellproductions

We need to look at the details of your setup. What you wrote suggests a mismatch of settings, probably relating to source properties and project settings.

1. What are you (manually) or the project (automatically) setting as the project preset? To confirm...please tell us the readings for Editing Mode, Timebase, Frame

Size, and Pixel Aspect Ratio (even if grayed out) that you see under Edit Menu/Project Settings/General.

2. What are you putting on the Timeline as your source media? What are the properties of that source media, especially frame size, aspect ratio...?

3. Before you leave the Edit area of the program, are there black borders around the image that you see in the Edit area monitor?

4. Because of your description, please confirm

a. Are you taking your Timeline directly to Publish+Share/Disc/DVD disc

or

b. Are you exporting your Timeline to a file and then taking that file to the burn to disc process

and

c. Are you doing a burn to DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc or burn to AVCHD format on DVD disc?

We will be looking forward to your reply to help us help you resolve this issue.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: How do i get my video to be fullscreen on dvd.
            powellproductions Level 1

1. Editing mode is 1080i, 29.97, 1920x1080, square pixels1.0.

2. Source media is dvd, 720x480, as per ration .9091.

3. When viewed on time line no black border.

4. I have published as mpeg, avchd and avi;ALL came out with black border not on titles only video.

thanks for feedback.

• 3. Re: How do i get my video to be fullscreen on dvd.
              A.T. Romano Level 7

powellproductions

Thanks for the reply. You follow up information confirms the suspected mismatch of settings.

1. What you want for the project preset is

NTSC

DV Standard

And, it appears that the project is not giving you that automatically. So, you need to set the project preset yourself manually.

a. Start a new project. In the Expert workspace of that project, go to File Menu/New/Project and Change Settings.

b. In Change Settings, change the project preset to NTSC DV Standard. OK out of there.

c. Next you will see the new project dialog, Make sure to put a check mark next to Force Selected Project Setting on this Project.

Also, in the name field, enter a new name. OK out of there.

d. Back in the Expert workspace, use Add Media/Files and Folders to import your media into the project.

2. In the export area, Publish+Share/Computer/ some choices might be

a. Publish+Share/Computer/MPEG with Presets = MPEG DVD Standard.

b. Publish+Share/Computer/AVCHD with Presets = MP4 NTSC DV Standard

c. Publish+Share/Computer/AVI with Presets = DV NTSC Standard

To the above as a mini test run to prove to yourself that it works for you.

You wrote

1. Editing mode is 1080i, 29.97, 1920x1080, square pixels1.0.

2. Source media is dvd, 720x480, as per ration .9091.

3. When viewed on time line no black border.

4. I have published as mpeg, avchd and avi;ALL came out with black border not on titles only video.

thanks for feedback.

"1" tell us that your project is set up as a 1920 x 1080i29.97 16:9 project even those your source is 4:3 as is

indicated by your line "2" information.

Please review and consider.

Thank you.

ATR