4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 3, 2015 7:26 AM by Keltik89

This is not a valid project

Keltik89 Level 1

Hello everyone.

I hope I am posting in the right section but I have a very big problem.

I have been working on a project on my Photoshop Touch for many hours and days. A lot of work went into it.

When I saved the last time and went to open the file it kept telling me that 'This is not a valid Photoshop Touch project'.

I can still see my project's preview but I cannot open it. I transferred my PSDX file to my computer but sadly I have no CS 5 or 6 to open it with...

The file is about 174kb in size so I have still some tiny hope that something must have remained from my project... Even if just a bit.

Can someone please help me fix it or at least have a look at it if something can be done about it?

Thank you.

• 1. Re: This is not a valid project
          Warunicorn Adobe Community Professional

You mentioned you transferred the PSDX file to your desktop. Were you able to export the PS Touch project to Creative Cloud?

If so, you could try and start a new project using the "insert image" icon (lower middle right in the project selection user interface), then browse Creative Cloud.

If not, you could try and send a link to your PSDX project and I could try to open it in Photoshop CC. (Instructions are here.) I could send it back to you as a PSD but it'll end up being flattened when imported into PS Touch.

• 2. Re: This is not a valid project
            Keltik89 Level 1

I exported the file via email.

When I tried making a new project it didnt seem to recognize the PSDX... so I couldnt insert it into it.

But I already have the file uploaded to a file-sharing site as I have been trying to transfer it around to friends as well to see if they can do something but they dont have CS5 or 6 and one person's PS Touch didnt recognize the file either for some reason. This is messed up...

Here is a link to it.

• 3. Re: This is not a valid project
              Warunicorn Adobe Community Professional

Well, I was able to open the PSDX file in Photoshop CC 2014. Unfortunately, this is what I had:

Capture.GIF

Yay. Empty, blank layers.    Fearing the worst, I uploaded the file to Creative Cloud and tried to do a "new from image" in PS Touch. I could see the project on Creative Cloud; it just wouldn't let me import it like I can with my own PSDX files. I get the same "not a valid PS Touch project" error message.

It's possible the file became corrupt somehow. Static discharge, data corruption during file processes (e.g., anything going on in the background during saving/loading), anything can contribute to it.

From now on, leave nothing to chance. Make a copy of a project you absolutely know you'll want to keep safe. (PS Touch allows you to do this in the project selection user interface; looks like a square stacked on top of another; 3rd icon from the top right.) On top of that, export it and keep it off device as well. I know it's a pain, but you'll save yourself a lot of heartache in the process should things go wrong.

Wished I could have seen it. I love the Hobbit. 

• 4. Re: This is not a valid project
                Keltik89 Level 1

Thank you so much for looking at it for me.

This is what I feared... Well, seems like I have to restart after all. Indeed I will make sure to save my project from now on and duplicate it after every change I make so even if I lose some of my work it wont be all gone.

Again, thank you.