2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 27, 2015 8:02 AM by randomdude90

Why did Adobe Premiere have a "critical-hiccup" when I opened Photoshop?

randomdude90

Hello,

I'm using a Windows 7 Toshiba Satellite with 4GB RAM and 500GB HDD.

I downloaded Adobe Premiere Pro CC, Adobe Media Encoder, Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop.

I was using Premiere to make a video for work. I have a strict deadline and a very slow internet connection, yet I wanted a high quality editing software that can help me get the job done.

I imported my own graphics, animations, etc. And I realized I made a tiny flaw with one of the graphics at the very end of the video. No big deal right? Open up photoshop, make a slight adjustment, reimport it.

I opened Photoshop while Premiere remained open on a separate window. Finished my photoshop graphic, saved it under a new name. Went back to Premiere, and found out my audio was no longer playing. After confirming that it wasn't my speakers, settings, or preferences, I decided to look at my task manager to see if it was a RAM issue. 1GB used by Premiere, but I know I've allocated my PC to handle it with ease. Closed all windows, opened up Premiere and I got this:

[Please Uninstall and Reinstall the Product..blah blah blah...error 16]

Tried opening Illustrator, same thing. Media Encoder, same thing, photoshop, same thing. Tried to uninstall it and reinstall it (Which took forever on my connection), same issue. Uninstalled and reinstalled CC, same thing. Tried to follow this guide :https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/configuration-error-cs5.html

And found that the SLStore Folder doesn't even exist, nor does Adobe PCD...

So now I'm in a bit of a pickle. I can't use Sony Vegas because it can't support more than 32 files at one time. And none of my Adobe Products are working (And I just downloaded it 2 days ago :/) So I'm left with the task to make a high-end video, without software to do it. We all know Windows Movie Maker isn't going to Cut it.

Does anyone know why this happened or how I can fix it?
      And will I have to redo my entire movie editing if I saved the file, saved the copy and placed the copy in my documents?

Any help will be appreciated.