• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Elements 11 boxed software installed once in Dec. 2012 won't install on new computer. Disk can't be read (tested on 3 different computers). How is that even possible of a meticulously clean, well-protected disk?

Feb 26, 2015 Feb 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Adobe,

I need your help!

On December 12th, 2012 I ordered (purchased) by mail an official copy of the boxed Adobe Photoshop Elements 11 software from B&H Photo (New York, NY). I installed it successfully without any problem on my then computer. I have enjoyed using the program since then, it’s great. This past week, however, that same computer died and I was force to buy a new computer (Windows 8.1).

To my big surprise, the Elements disk wouldn’t load off my DVD drive. The drive just kept “clicking” for 20 minutes.  After trying several times from reboot, for an hour and a half, I then tried installing it on my laptop, just to see if my drive was faulty. No, it wasn’t. It too immediately went into an endless “clicking” routine trying to read the disk. And for one last try, I put it in my sister’s laptop and she got the very same result - endless “clicking”, no install. No computer could read the disk!!!

How is this even possible from a commercially made disk I used only once in 2012! The disk is meticulously clean, unscratched, unscuffed, put away in its original box and stored on my shelf in a cool place away from the sun!

Serial Number of faulty disk:  1057-4186-6029-0039-1511-3940

Is there anything you can do about this as I see no reason why I should be forced to spend over a $130 (in Canada) to replace a disk that worked only once!

Regards, Andre

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 26, 2015 Feb 26, 2015

copy your disc contents to a desktop directory.  install from that directory.

if that fails, download the installation files:

Downloadable installation files available:

Download and installation help for Adobe links

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

copy your disc contents to a desktop directory.  install from that directory.

if that fails, download the installation files:

Downloadable installation files available:

Download and installation help for Adobe links

Download and installation help for Prodesigntools links are listed on most linked pages.  They are critical; especially steps 1, 2 and 3.  If you click a link that does not have those steps listed, open a second window using the Lightroom 3 link to see those 'Important Instructions'.

window using the Lightroom 3 link to see those 'Important Instructions'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you VERY much for your amazingly fast assistance. Much appreciated, and I can now sleep in peace . . . 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you're welcome.

(sleep well.  i know how it is going to sleep with a computer problem looming.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines